Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 09:31:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has had thier 15 minutes of fame  (Read 1300 times)
LoriMNnice
House Bee

« on: May 23, 2012, 11:05:55 AM »

I was just wondering who on here has had thier 15 minutes of fame? Smiley Here are a couple of things that have happened to me.
1. My dad won a car when I was teenager so being from a small town it was a big deal even for me. It was a 4X4 Eagle( I just dated myself LOL).

2. I was on the local news once when a dog was tied to a picnic table at the animal shelter I worked at and i was the first to work and discovered the dog and reporter came and interviewed me etc.

3. Just recently I helped the FBI on a case involving a baby selling ring in CA.

4. I think this counts---One of my cats was in a commercial/ad

It will be fun to here others stories Smiley
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:22:48 PM by LoriMNnice » Logged
Rex "Hawk" Smith
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:16:28 PM »

Hmmm.. Here's a couple of quick ones that come to mind.

• I umpired in the USSSA Girls' 14 & Under World Series back in 2001 (If I remember the year correctly).
  • Was an extra in the movie "Born On The 4th of July"
  • Was one of 5 science major students that participated with the filmed press announcement last month with Fabien Cousteau (grandson of Jacques Cousteau)

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »

A few tv news episodes, many newspaper articles, but the best one I ever had was without the media.

I stopped and helped a guy who had run out of gas in a state away from his home. A trip to the station, back to the car, back to the station to return the can. he tried to pay me, but I told him to stop and help 2 people on his way home.

2 or 3 months later i got a letter with multiple signatures from a school class in a Lutheran school. He had setup a complete course on helping 2 for each help you received, and pass it on. My name had been attached to the class as the origin.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:08:44 PM »

More like 2 years RPCV Tunisia. Woke up one morning like any other day.....call the  Peace Corps and got in.
I served in the Peace Corps 1983-1985 in North Africa in Tunisia as a beekeeper.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:13:31 PM »

i have spent the better part of my life trying not to have any moments of fame!!   evil

was on a kids TV show when i was little.  don't remember the name of the show, but it was B&W if that gives you a clue as to how long ago it was.  just one of the many rug rats on the set.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 08:54:01 AM »

No fame but just a feel good.............Lived in Miami, FL for a very short time in an apartment complex that had a pool in the center of it. The gal I was living with and myself were sitting in the doorway of our apartment playing cards (middle of the day with not a soul around). We heard a small strange noise but didn't think much of it until I noticed a small baby (about 1 1/2 years old) floating in the pool face down. I dove in and Lisa ran to the other end, I pushed the baby up into Lisa's hands. Little fella was starting to turn blue but took a breath. Some how he had opened the door of his apartment and walked out, tripped on a water hose and fell in. His mother never knew he was gone, she was taking a nap like he was supposed to be doing.

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »

No fame but just a feel good.............Lived in Miami, FL for a very short time in an apartment complex that had a pool in the center of it. The gal I was living with and myself were sitting in the doorway of our apartment playing cards (middle of the day with not a soul around). We heard a small strange noise but didn't think much of it until I noticed a small baby (about 1 1/2 years old) floating in the pool face down. I dove in and Lisa ran to the other end, I pushed the baby up into Lisa's hands. Little fella was starting to turn blue but took a breath. Some how he had opened the door of his apartment and walked out, tripped on a water hose and fell in. His mother never knew he was gone, she was taking a nap like he was supposed to be doing.

Wow man! Very touching!

Okay folks we have to find out the show Kathy was on, pics & videos would be grrrrrrrrrrrreat!  evil

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 05:38:59 AM »

15 minutes of fame?  Who needs it?  I have spent my entire life trying to avoid infamy... I mean fame.
winginit
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »

Fun thread! Lori I think your cats count.

My friends and I won the Watermelon Queen Pageant at UCSD in the '80s, and got to drop the proverbial watermelon off the roof of one of the dorms. Pageant started in 60s when a physics exams asked how fast it would be going when it hit the ground and how far would it splat.

Turned into a take-off on beauty pageants, often with men winning. We were on the news but bleeped a lot. I was one of the pits.

Less fun, I was mistaken for the wife of a serial rapist (a cop!) by the media. I worked with said wife, and realized what was happening, let it happen so she could escape. She had to move out of her house within 24 hours of him being arrested, change her name, and start a new life for her and her baby. 
David McLeod
Field Bee

Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »

A few news segments here in Atlanta, served as state rep for NWCOA, currently serving as VP of Henry county beekeepers association, president and CEO of Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc. Have provided wildlife service for several notable personalities and organizations. Anyone watch the Walking Dead, they're a regular client. I have a trapout in progress on one of their sets now.

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next