Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 07:41:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Never thought I would miss Clinton  (Read 2010 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »

If we get Clinton and you get Dubya, you all would be begging us to let you in our half after 4 years.  lau
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 01:32:34 PM »

since we would let the population decide which side the wanted to live on, both would have to pick and live with that decision. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SerenityApiaries
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 02:36:16 AM »

Personally I think there are several factors that are left out in the way we elect our presidents. First, the money is one of the deciding factors. We follow money. We elect who they say should go into office. Both right wing and left. There probably are thousands of individuals out there that could lead the country better than any of the last 4 we have had in office. Problem is their voice is not heard because they don't have the deep pockets. Could you imagine if we had a president that didn't have the issues the last few have had? No adultery, no pot smoking, no swindling, a no problem president. I know it's fantasy but what would make this county better? I was hoping for Mike Huckabee. I think he would have brought much more to the table than any other.

Check out West Coast Beekeepers on FB. A great place for Beekeepers along the west coast of America. All are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/westcoastbeekeepers
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 12:38:57 PM »

in an ideal world, merit would be the only factor in deciding.  even in the old days, money was a factor.  either money, or already being in the public eye in some way.  it is what it is.....

i have less of an issue with the money than i do with the fact that people don't pay attention.  they don't bother to vet the candidate, but let the press do it for them.  obviously that doesn't work well.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next