Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 02:43:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Never thought I would miss Clinton  (Read 2259 times)
JackM
Field Bee

« on: March 27, 2012, 08:15:39 AM »

I saw a bumper sticker the other day, "And I though Nixon was bad."  Well so many young folks this day and age, they won't remember, but they will remember Clinton.  And darn, even he was by far better than the traitor in chief.  At least he didn't sell out the country.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:17:09 AM »

clinton was pragmatic an he was pretty much a moderate dem.  most of the loony leftist stuff that came from his admin were pets of Hillary.  don't look back to fondly....his "peace dividend" cost us dearly.   Wink

as for Nixon, history will treat him more kindly that we did.  what he did wrong was less than clinton got away with.  the sum of his presidency was positive and eventually will be remembered that way, i think.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:54:58 PM »

Nixon did so many great things but will only be remembered for watergate.   Things for the environment and he opens up relations with the Soviet Union and China.

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 03:21:24 PM »

Yep, I miss Clinton too.  He was one of the greats.  One of the smartest of them all.

I don’t really miss Al Gore though  grin
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »

And if it was not for Al Gore, we would not be using this forum and the internet today.   grin

And to quote Spock,  "Only Nixon could go to China".
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »

He was one of the greats.  One of the smartest of them all.

remind me...what did he do that was so great?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 06:18:38 PM »

>>remind me...what did he do that was so great?

ASK NEWT! lau  lau  lau

Live long and prosper!
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 06:54:38 AM »

>And to quote Spock,  "Only Nixon could go to China".

And Spock was quoting Mike Mansfield... who said he had heard it said before...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 08:03:42 AM »

He was one of the greats.  One of the smartest of them all.

I'll 2nd this one Kathy.   Tell us bluebee what he did
JackM
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 08:08:27 AM »

He made presidential oral sex, not sex

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
bulldog
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 03:35:52 PM »

you remember, he cut our military by 2/3 and ignored the buildup of al quaida as well as allowing several terrorist attacks against us to go unchallenged and sent a lot of American jobs down into mexico because he was busy chasing a fat girl around the oval office.

Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 08:02:58 AM »

lets not forget Clintons crime bill.   He brought it to our attention that there were good guns and bad guns.  Showed us what a assault weapon was.  In my opinion if you break a limb off a tree and beat someone, the limb should now be called a assault weapon.  People don't kill people, tree limbs kill people.  Just think about how many of us wouldn't be reading this if Clinton hadn't taken bad guns out of the hand of violent criminals, mentally unstable and children
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 12:30:55 AM »

Canada Can!  They’re going back in black:  A Budget Surplus.

Maybe we should replace our “conservatives” with Canadians?  Looks like their conservative politicians are actually trying to be responsible and balance their budget.  All our “conservatives” seem to want to do is spend, tax cuts for the super rich, spend, and subsidize big oil some more.  Yeah, that’s going to lead to a balanced budget….in about a thousand years.  

It sure makes me miss Bill Clinton all over again.   Too bad y’all slept through the 1990s!  It was a boom time under Bill.

http://news.yahoo.com/canada-eyes-budget-surplus-3-years-big-policy-201851060.html
SerenityApiaries
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 01:48:24 AM »

Right wing, left wing.. all are a bunch of political puppets anyways. influenced by $ and those that have it. It is statistically proven that the "good" a president brings into office usually takes about 6 years to be noticed. Therefore the "greatness" that Clinton brought was not actually his own but Bush Sr. Clinton walked into a smooth running operation. All he had to do was play with his interns and cigars and avoid his wife. Sadly to say, the Clintons were as bad, if not worse than bullies in a school yard. When they left the Governors Mansion in Arkansas they left behind a vandalized mess. The Clintons were Communists to the core. Granted GW didn't bring much to the table in his term but I would rather have him over the Clintons or Obama any day. GW was the voice of the people during 9/11 and united America as one, leading our country against those that would dare attack us again. The nation acted fast that day. The nation was united that day. That day we were Americans. Sadly the brother/sister-hood quickly dissolved and we became a constant conflicting community once again.
Maybe its time to be done with political parties and focus on following the constitution in the way we elect our president. Perhaps as Americans we need to better understand our constitution and decide its time for the government to work for us as its supposed to and not govern us the way its done. As Americans we need to understand that the President is OUR employee and that as the EMPLOYER we need to "hire slow, fire fast".
OH!! Lets see a beekeeper thats a member of the Constitutional Party get elected. Sounds good to me. 

Check out West Coast Beekeepers on FB. A great place for Beekeepers along the west coast of America. All are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/westcoastbeekeepers
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »

Serenity, I agree with you that Dubya deserves some credit for doing good.  He did a good job after 911 and he did good in rescuing the Detroit automakers.  But in between those two events he gutted and destroyed our economy.  As you correctly point out, all the economic stimulus spending Obama has been forced to do was because of the economic mess Bush Jr created (that 6 year lag you mentioned).  This is why we can’t blame Obama for running up the debt to 15 trillion, most of that is really Bush Junior’s fault.  

Blue = good;  Red = bad  grin
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 09:00:22 AM »

blue bee I would respond but have to get back to work.  Someone has to support the you libs.   I now know how you find the time to post 1800 times in just a year
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »

What's misleading about the chart is that it maps deficits to Presidential terms. Budget authority rests with Congress. Whichever party controls Congress, controls the purse strings.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »

All our “conservatives” seem to want to do is spend, tax cuts for the super rich, spend, and subsidize big oil some more

have you looked at Ryans budget?  why did the dems vote down Obamas budget?

http://www.roadmap.republicans.budget.house.gov/

just for the sake of argument, lets say you are correct:  so what?  why would you not support producers over non producers?

if you have 5 hives in your bee yard and two are weak, where do you put your resources?  if you have had a bad year personally and it's a bad year for bees, are you going to waste stuff on the failing hives?  not if you are smart.  you are going to all that you can to support the producing hives.

as of next week, we will have the highest corporate taxes in the world.  is that good for business?  is it good for keeping jobs in the US?  you don't like tax breaks for business (including, but not limited to oil companies), but do you have any idea how much those businesses pay in taxes?  you seem pleased that our tax dollars go to poorly  managed detroit auto (unions).

i do hope that the conservatives of both parties continue to say no.  no one has forced the prez to embrace the policies he has.  he has chosen them because they are what he believes in.  in the model of FDR, he believes that government can fix everything.  he is a poor student of history, or more likely, he understands that what government fixes, it controls.  control is the goal. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »

Well said Kathy!!!!    To me it is all so obvious
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »

try this little thought exercise just for fun....

lets say we could divide the country into two parts.  one side gets all the constitutional conservatives;  those who believe in limited government and personal responsibility.  the other side gets everyone else.
all other things being equal, resources, etc....at the end of 10 years, which side do you think would be more prosperous and why?

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next