Diogenes, Thanks for the advice! Epilogue: I froze the infested frames. Two days later, I removed them from the freezer, half-filled a cooler with cold water and added three pumps of Dawn hand soap. This made a light solution - not sudsy at all. After gently tapping the frame on the ground to dislodge maggots and SHB, I hosed down the frozen comb and lots of maggots were flushed out.
I then used a firm bristle brush dipped in the solution to scrub the wooded parts of the frame. I then used a foxtail brush (the kind used in a wood shop - has soft bristles) dipped in the solution to lightly wash the comb in all directions. I then rinsed. To remove water I did not merely shake the comb up and down - doing so removed only minimal water. Instead, I held the frame in both hands and swung it down between my legs. Tons of water came out. Guess the angle of the cells has something to do with that.
After a couple hours, the frames were pretty dry. I spritzed them with sugar water on both sides, replaced them in their deep and placed the deep on top of a queen-right deep. Within an hour or two the bees were all over those frames cleaning them out. Within a week the queen was up there laying all over the place.
Takeaway: carefully washing frozen comb infested with SHB with a light solution of Dawn works.
I did as you suggested - made a split from a good hive. Within a week I had queen cells. That was a week ago. In a week from now I will check for eggs.