Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 22, 2014, 07:09:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary Ellen's swarm  (Read 1034 times)
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« on: March 22, 2012, 07:31:47 PM »

We had a lot of fun with this one! I got the swarm call this morning and by the time we got there (an hour drive) they had moved in to the joist space between floors. Since they hadn't really established yet I figured smoke might run them out and sure enough it did grin I noticed at one point that my shirt sleeve seemed to be weighed down a good bit and asked Peggy to check for the queen. She found her majesty right on my sleeve but, instead of just plucking the queen off grabbed a whole handful of bees too!

Mary Ellen's swarm.wmv

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 07:46:09 PM »

Big swarm there.   Good video guys.
schawee
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 09:54:03 PM »

nice job scott and peg.that was a nice queen .scott do you ever get any tiger stripe queens.     ......schawee

BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP
hardwood
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »

Yeah schawee, we get those striped ones every now and then just not as many as you do! Most of the ones we get are either what we call "blonde" with just a solid light-colored abdomen or kinda rust colored with a black tip.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
jmblakeney
House Bee

James

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:06:37 PM »

Fun times.  Great vid.

James

"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »

Peggy your a real trooper to take them stings in the hand and never flinch!!

Great job guys and a very nice big swarm!!

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
tefer2
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »

Good job Scott & Peg!
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 01:10:18 AM »

Was worth the wait! darn big swarm! I've tried smoking swarms out, in fact several times but I recall they were all brick exteriors with sound board between the brick and sheet rock, so two void spaces. Or in a soffit with multiple gaps they could run to. Never worked! Did manage running one out one time with smoke and bee quick but man this was just beautiful. Great job & bigggg swarm! I seem to be getting the little ones lately.  Sad

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
beyondthesidewalks
House Bee

I need a shave

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 01:25:03 AM »

As always, great video.  I enjoy watching y'all work together.  Nice swarm and good job of smoking them out.
Scott Derrick
Expert Bee Handler
New Bee

Go Gamecocks!!

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »

Awesome Video. What a break finding the queen on your shirt!!!!

My Bee Removal Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/109455718186385256142
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rsderrick

"You're born. You suffer. You die. Fortunately, there's a loophole."
                                              Billy Graham
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »

Those queens are well trained, just like JP training queens to walk to him across the floor.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »

Thanks y'all. I really had to smoke the snot out of 'em to keep them moving...I ended up using 3 smoker fulls of fuel! When Peggy gets all excited getting a queen she just grabs and hangs on...caught me that way about 30 years ago grin

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »

UUUUUUHHHHHHHH Scott are you saying you are a......a.......a.......queen?Huh lau lau

Just kidding!!

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 08:46:31 PM »

grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next