Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 02:21:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My conversation with a bee.  (Read 1382 times)
JoshK
New Bee

« on: August 15, 2005, 12:13:52 PM »

One day, I decided to have a heart-to-heart conversation with a bee.  I went out to the apiary, where the hives were simply buzzing with activity.  Numerous bees were flying all around, in too much of a hurry to stop and chat.

On some nearby white clover I spotted a few workers.  I came up with an idea – putting a drop of honey on the tip of my finger and lifting a bee off a flower might make the bee stop moving long enough to have a decent conversation.  It worked!

“Good morning, miss,” I said as I lifted the bee up to a comfortable eye level.  “Mind if I ask you a few questions?”

eeee-input(altitudech) optiondetect,” the bee said.

“Cool,” I said.  First of all, is it really true that bees love to work as much as they do?”

substancedetect(variable=honey) analyze,” the bee said as it noticed the honey.  “optionanalyze run…

color=37
water%=16
fornobj=0
source=wsclov

analyzeend.  Optionprobs run…

“Wow!” I exclaimed.  “It’s so interesting to me that bees have this amazing work ethic.  So tell me something else – is the queen really like an actual governor, or is she just basically another worker with a different ability set?”

sysstatus run…working…working…systatuscomp

health=5, threatdet=0, Qpresnt=0, mode=forage
,” she explained.

“You’ve got a point,” I said, “I admit I hadn’t thought about it that way.”

optionprobs subsnote: hnytank at capacity” the worker chided.  “Probsend.”

I noticed the worker had stopped eating the honey and looked as if she was about to leave.  “One last question, please…”

objset fltparameter.  Run.”

“Does it really bother you when we take so much honey, even if we make sure to leave enough for winter?  I mean, doesn’t that get old after a while?”

fltparameter…

alt=330
sundeg=46
Hivedeg=178
winddir=72
windspd=5
fuelreq=36
fuelonbrd=188

conditionset flight

“I understand clearly.  Well it’s been very fascinating talking with you, Miss Bee” I said, somewhat sad that this remarkable conversation had to end.  “I’ll let you get back to work.  Don’t worry about the honey – this drink was on me.”

And with that, the bee flew away.

THE END.

manowar422
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 04:21:09 PM »

To quote the character Terrance Mann in the movie
Field Of Dreams...

"Your seeing a whole team of psychiatrists, aren't you"

wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring