Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 24, 2014, 03:01:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hachinoko Fritters  (Read 1965 times)
SerenityApiaries
House Bee

« on: March 22, 2012, 03:26:53 AM »

I can't say as I would ever try it.. And to say the least it seems a bit disturbing to me but I came across a youtube video by mugsyjeff where he made Hachinoko fritters. Hachinoko is made from bee larva. To me it sounds repulsive.. But for those that want to get the full experience from the great bee.. Maybe its for you. And since this is posted in the taboo, the strange it was only fitting to mention this.

Khalen

Check out West Coast Beekeepers on FB. A great place for Beekeepers along the west coast of America. All are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/westcoastbeekeepers
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »

Many cultures around the planet eat bee brood.   Sometimes, it is more valued than the honey.
Rex "Hawk" Smith
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:12 PM »

I tasted my first larvae 3 weeks ago.  I had gone into my hive to check on things for the spring.. and they had build cells below the honey super, but above the brood box.  The cells broke open when I pulled the boxes apart - and exposed a heckuva large larvae...  I ate her - just for the experience of tasting it..  She wasn't bad at all.

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »

Hypervitaminosis A is a painful and potentially deadly disease caused by too much vitamin A in the diet.  It can be brought on by eating the livers of carnivores, especially the livers of seals and polar bears.  Bee brood is also very high in true vitamin A, not the mostly useless kind of vitamin A known in the health food bizz as beta carotene.   

Bones from ancient Africans have been discovered that show signs of death from hypervitiminosis A.  It is though that this is the direct result of eating TOO MUCH bee brood.  Eat everything, but eat everything in moderation.

SerenityApiaries
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 02:07:50 AM »

cheesy well, at least I can say I won't be dying from too much vitamin A. Liver and bee brood are on my list of probably won't consume foods. Lol

Check out West Coast Beekeepers on FB. A great place for Beekeepers along the west coast of America. All are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/westcoastbeekeepers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next