Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 08:46:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bee provisions  (Read 290 times)
Vance G
Queen Bee

« on: March 21, 2012, 07:07:44 PM »

With the open winter, I desperately wanted to put pollen substitute on my bees for months.  I finally gave in on March 9th.  I had put on Mountain camp and bricks of sugar on previous days warm enough to bother the bees.  Today it was supposed to be high fifties and no wind so I ventured out to look and possibly pull a frame just because I wanted to!  Well, it was not as warm as forecast and I soon quit opening wrapped tops.  Every speck of the large pollen patties put in 12 days previous were gone and very substantial inroads into the sugar had been made!   My bees are super storng for this time of the year and consuming an awful lot of stores.  TOmorrow i will replace the patties and put on more sugar because it can't feed a bee in my garage!  With all the bee activity this winter has allowed, I sadly predict there are bees starving out all over the portion of the continent still cold and snowy and maybe other places.  It might be prudent to check if you have any doubts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next