Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 18, 2014, 12:59:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Florida  (Read 1187 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: March 19, 2012, 01:24:29 AM »

Is all this warm weather going to make Michigan the new Florida?  I’ve been in shorts and short sleeves for a week now.  We’ve been up near 80F a few days.  Global warming is starting to look like a very good thing from up here.  Maybe we should "drill baby drill" after all  grin

We’ve got more coast line than Florida, beautiful sandy beaches, and now warm temps.  All we’re missing are the palm trees and alligators.
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:45:11 AM »

There's just something very wrong about having to mow my grass in March...
Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:07:38 PM »

Geesh... I don't think a year like this will grow alligators in Lake Michigan...   the air might be warm but the lake is still 42 degrees F     Ya know we won't see this again for 100 years....   it is a phenomenon and thats all...   next year you'll have 10 feet of snow...   LOL!!!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »

Never forget we are due for a little ice age.   We just have to offset it a little with co2.
bulldog
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »

i don't know about you but i'm not putting away the snow shovel just yet. i just know mother nature is planning a little surprise for us sometime between now and easter. and if tradition holds it will probably be about 18 inches of the wet heavy stuff.

Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 08:10:07 PM »

>>Geesh
 grin Yee Ha: Bang, Bang, Bang! Glad you are back. grin

It is way too warm and DRY! With all the dry leaves and downed branches, a good spark will make you think it is California!

>>about 18 inches of the wet heavy stuff

You bet, I am figuring on the 11 of April, I have got 2 packages (BEES) arriving.

Live long and prosper!
Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 04:34:57 PM »

LOL  Bulldog...  I never put away my snow shovel...  'cause I have 3 Collies so I call it my super duper pooper scooper...  I did have to shovel snow last year...  unusual for SC to have snow twice in one year..  bottom line is you cannot predict the weather beyond today...  so I still use a weather rock hanging on my back patio...  if it's white, it's snowing, if it's wet it's raining, if it's swingin' it's windy and if none of those things are happenin' it's a good day...   besides my bees do a better job of predicting weather...   I always said..." I wish I had a job that I could be wrong 95% of the time and still keep it...  weatherman.   If we get a late freeze now it will kill the peach blossoms...   The weather is the weather and we are not in charge....    John
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 10:11:12 PM »

82F here in New Florida today. 

Global Warming  applause applause applause
rgy
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 11:44:47 AM »

85 todday and the lake is already up to 45/47 in Saugatuck.  Launched the boat St. Patti's day!!!  been on it every day since.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »

It was a cooker here in New Florida today.  Bees were bearding and birds were a chirpin.  Got to the upper 80s here today.  Normal high for this time of year is 45F.  Previous record high was 73F.  We blew past those numbers.  Really does feel like bizarre world up here.  Probably a once in a life time event.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next