Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 02, 2014, 01:15:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For all the Sheeple  (Read 1008 times)
JackM
Field Bee

« on: March 21, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »

http://www.naturalnews.com/035301_Obama_executive_orders_food_supply.html

Our government is taking our freedom away daily.  No one is crying out.  What is wrong with America?

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 06:56:37 PM »

it was an update to what he already had and not much of a change.  

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/03/no-martial-law/

you can poke around here for more info.

this is a sentence from the article with which i have to agree...There is enough that Obama actually does wrong without creating claims which do not hold up to scrutiny.

think about it....by way of the FDA, they already have control over all we eat and take if they care to exercise it.

this goes a little more into the changes.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/18/national-defense-resources-preparedness-executive-order-power-grab-or-update/

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 07:05:24 PM »

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:27:25 PM »

Changes aren't permanent but change is

This cry that Dubya is taking our freedom away and no one is crying out, sounds hollow to me.  People are crying out and taking action.  What do you call Occupy Wall Street?  People are also taking action at the voting booth.  How do you think Obama got elected?

We aren’t going to back now, the only path ahead is forward.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 08:24:39 PM »

What do you call Occupy Wall Street?  People are also taking action at the voting booth.  How do you think Obama got elected?

the occupy people are the great unwashed who are generally discontent and want "stuff" for free.  how do i think obama got elected?  a huge number of uninformed people who usually would not have bothered to vote, voted.  along with them, the muddy middle who stand for nothing but think the word "change" has some deep and mystical meaning.

the path forward is a good house cleaning and electing the most conservative people we can find to congress.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 01:06:22 AM »

Obama certainly didn't start us down this road.  The Patriot Act was before his time.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 08:35:27 AM »

As said about spending, the answer to a problem isn't to continue the problem in larger volume.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
JackM
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »

My concern is the takeover of freedom's we never even thought about.  Control over our food?  Time to play doomsday and stock up, me thinks we have a civil war in the offing if things don't improve soon.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 10:18:07 AM »

Control over our food

and yet, this was done during the depression and ww2.  food was rationed.  of course, we were encouraged to grow our own, but if you were a farmer the government was controlling your product.

The Patriot Act was before his time.

didn't start there either.  these things often come out of war.  the Sedition act, throwing Japanese in internment camps, etc.  what's different about the Patriot Act is that almost every single thing that was in it, was already available to law enforcement, particularly the DEA.  updated were the things that had to do with surveillance and new tech, but other than that, most of it was in use and this just pulled it together.
that's why most of it survived court challenge.

here's another difference:  legislation can be challenged in court.  the things the alphabet agencies do outside legislation?  not so much.  they are pretty much unaccountable and untouchable.

hopefully this will have some impact.
http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/03/little-guys-and-gals-win-one/

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next