Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 04:21:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate a theif!  (Read 605 times)
asprince
Super Bee

« on: March 19, 2012, 09:52:35 PM »

In my area, if a house becomes vacant it most likely will be vandalized. They will steal the central air unit and strip out the copper wiring, tubs and sinks. It cost me $600 to repair what thieves took from one of my rental units that became vacant. They probably received $20 bucks and had to work hard to get it. Last week a local business was ripped off for four central a/c units in one night! I can no longer buy insurance on a non occupied house.

Had enough here in Georgia!

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »

It is like that everywhere.    People are running alarm wires to A/C units and boxing them in with locked cages.   You can not leave scrap metal out anywhere now or some one with clean it up for you.   Think about all the foreclosures and bank owned properties that sit for years.   It is bad when someone will work to steal.
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:04:16 PM »

In total, thieves cost me several thousand dollars last year.

Steve 

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 11:16:01 PM »

i just evicted our renters.  it was a different kind of theft, but rather than go to court for the eviction i gave them the option of just leaving and not paying what they owed.  probably would have cost me as much to file, wait, and then evict, as to let them walk.  i don't understand people not paying their bills!

while the carpet guy was there today doing the estimate, he told us that he'd had a whole spool of wire stolen from his garage. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 06:01:20 AM »

Unfortunately, I can see it getting much worse.
Intheswamp
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 09:02:29 AM »

Unfortunately, I can see it getting much worse.
But what we're seeing is only the tip of the iceberg...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next