Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 02:00:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CATCHING PIGS  (Read 2615 times)
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 06:08:01 PM »

I don’t recall any free milk when I was a kid.  It might have been subsidized, but it still cost us kiddies a quarter or so.  I assume you all know that Milk is a nutritional building block for the kiddies?  Brains don't function without nutrition.  I hope we’re not going to start blaming the children now for our “loss of freedoms”.  

Personally I would rather subsidize milk for poor kids to get EDUCATED in the USA than waste 2 billion a WEEK in an unwinnable war in Afghanistan.  I think education is about the most valuable thing you can give the next generation.  I’m sure I’m missing some “bigger picture thing here” though.  Y'all go ahead and educate me now Smiley

Ditto! And I don't see anything new on the list to supposed encroaching loss of freedom.

Here's what I want to know. What do you supposed our government wants to do with all these "trapped pigs" who now have no skills or sense of independence?

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 07:26:58 PM »

I don’t recall any free milk when I was a kid.  It might have been subsidized, but it still cost us kiddies a quarter or so.  I assume you all know that Milk is a nutritional building block for the kiddies?  Brains don't function without nutrition.  I hope we’re not going to start blaming the children now for our “loss of freedoms”.  

Personally I would rather subsidize milk for poor kids to get EDUCATED in the USA than waste 2 billion a WEEK in an unwinnable war in Afghanistan.  I think education is about the most valuable thing you can give the next generation.  I’m sure I’m missing some “bigger picture thing here” though.  Y'all go ahead and educate me now Smiley

Ditto! And I don't see anything new on the list to supposed encroaching loss of freedom.

Here's what I want to know. What do you supposed our government wants to do with all these "trapped pigs" who now have no skills or sense of independence?
Collect their votes so they can stay in power. The ones who promise the most corn, when enough people have become dependent on the corn, will get the most votes. The ones with the most votes stay in control of the corn.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:08:10 PM by sterling » Logged
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 12:25:03 AM »

That is shockingly simple and accurate Sterling.

I am profoundly dissappointed that more don't grasp this. rolleyes

Old Blue
Apparently not taxed enough cause I still got change in my pockets, in.....
Kali-bone-ya
bwdenen
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »

Those who rob Peter to pay Paul

Can always count on the support of Paul.

Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »

That is until Peter gets tired enough of that crap and arms himself with a big ol stick and starts to defend himself.

Old Blue
Taxing the dickens out of Peter to buy Pauls vote, where else but......
Kali-bone-ya

Pass me the stick please.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »

Old Blue, if California is so bad, why not move?  Use your dollars to vote against them by moving out of state?  They can’t tax you if you don’t live there can they?

I’ve been to California a few times and loved it, but I would never want to live there.  This coming from somebody who lives in cold depressed Michigan!
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »

I grew up here and lived it in it's golden days.  I still have some hope for it and it is starting to look like others are beginning to wake up also.  I am also carreer invested so to speak with the company I work for and love.  If I was more able to move about without increasing my expenses I would have left already, a lot of my freinds and aquaintances have.  I suppose at some point it will no longer make sense to stay but for me it hasn't got that far yet and that is because I lived conservatively and have been better prepared than most have and so have been able to weather a lot of the ecnomice upheavals a lilttle better.  Theres plenty to like but it's diminishing bit by bit all the time.  But thats bsically it in a nutshell. 

Old Blue
Missing the old days here in...
Kali-bone-ya
salvo
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »

"When the people find they can vote themselves money,
that will herald the end of the republic."

Benjamin Franklin

Salvo
Poppi
House Bee