Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 21, 2014, 03:17:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wanted solar fence charger not bears  (Read 5580 times)
PalmerLakeColo
New Bee

« on: March 09, 2012, 10:33:12 AM »

I'm looking to buy a solar fence charger and was wanting some recommendations to keep the bears out. Or if anybody has one that they want to part with that works well. I'm the market.
ApisM
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 10:32:18 PM »

Margo Supplies

It is easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar
triple7sss
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 07:54:49 AM »

I've heard from folks in Montana that these work well.  I don't know if it's large enough for the area you need to protect.

udap.com/bearshock.htm
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 07:58:30 AM »

I've had great success with my Parmak solar charger.   Had 5 bear in my yard at one time.  Almost tore down my chicken coop,  but never touched a hive.   Key is to make sure the fence is baited.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

rch105
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 06:08:16 PM »

Lost a bunch of Guinea fowl (keets) last year to bears...Game Commission said to bait the fence with strips of bacon...they have to "taste" it to learn not to go near the fence.  It worked!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 07:33:13 PM »

i just put up the parmak 25 mile solar charger for my chicken coop.  that sucker, with 12 gauge wire and a deep ground rod is HOT

but yes, for bears, bait the fence.  all electric fences are psychological barriers.  if the animal doesn't get zapped hard on the snout, they will learn to go through.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 09:32:38 PM »

If bacon does not work, hook the wire to a claymore mine.    evil
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 11:40:44 PM »

claymore mine

pay attention to "this side toward enemy"!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »

grin
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »

Forget the fence, just wrap the bacon around the Claymore's clacker.  police If you hear a loud KA-BOOM in the middle of the night, roll over and go back to sleep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next