Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 01:04:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind Farm paid not to produce  (Read 2153 times)
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »

... there will be lots of forces trying to open up LNG plants for NG exports.…

Maybe not as many as you may imagine.  The Georgia Goober Grubber made a deal in 1978 I think it was with the Sierra Club.  This deal gave the Sierra Club (they say the final) option of approving or denying any new or increased LNG facility on the East Coast.  At the present this deal is being tested in Maryland over plans to increase the size of a little used LNG IMPORT facility in Maryland and convert it into a large LNG EXPORT facility. 

Did any of you know that the Sierra Club is one of the Federal Government's regulatory apparatuses?

Do you understand now why the good jobs are leaving America?

This idea of “where” the jobs went is a racist red heron dragged through the dirt by environmentalist to avert our attention from the rancid scent of “why” these jobs are no longer here.  Find out “why” the jobs went where they ended up if you are looking for the right someone to blame or if you wish to change the failed policies and get these jobs back in America where they belong.    The choice is yours!  Chose wisely.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »

I agree with you kingbee; natural gas is not a great fuel source for transportation.  This is why Detroit is not behind the idea; but a Texas oil man is!  Detroit has done the engineering work on CNG vehicles for decades and knows of all the problems.  If NG for IC engines was simple, it would have been done long ago. 

That said, Pickens diesel to CNG plan does make some economic sense since most of the cost of running a big rig is the fuel.   I haven’t seen any drawings of Boone’a CNG truck cabs, but I recall him saying they would put tanks on the cab to hold the CNG and make the cabs more areodynamic at the same time.  Modern CNG tanks are wrapped in carbon fiber to hold the pressure and are relatively light; but you are right they still need to be BIG.  There is a company in the pacific northwest that supposedly has a bunch of patents on injecting CNG into a diesel to power a conventional diesel engine as a hybrid to help compromise on tank size vs range. 

There are already people running medium duty and heavier trucks on CNG, it can be done.

I tend to agree with you about LNG exports.  The elite that live on the coasts will reject anything that obstructs their view.  We’ve seen that time and time again off Cape Cod.  However big oil will get around many of those problems by exporting through Canada.     
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »

You are correct Blue Bee.  Compressed Natural Gas as well as Liquefied Petroleum Gas have both been used for generations to power some medium duty trucks.  The City of Florence, Alabama I think it was snagged a Carter era grant to convert their garbage dump into a CNG fueling station for police cars.  The LP gas industry has burned LPG for years to deliver LPG to the Propane tanks of chicken houses for heating, silos for grain drying, and rural households for uses of every kind.

The reason CNG and LNG are in the news as a motor fuel is the almost non polluting nature of this fuel.  That is why there are so many gas turbine power plants being built nowadays.  The "sorta of" GREEN environmentalists love NG because of the nonpolluting nature of this gas.  The lunatic fringe of the GREEN movement however is bound and determined to banish every form of artificial lighting from bees wax candles to nuclear reactors.  If the lunatics win, the next time your children ask for a new computer made in China, you'll be buying an abacus.
But the cleanest or the least air polluting form of home lighting fuel is whale oil.  Go figure. 

One side issue on home lighting:
"In 1885, John D. Rockefeller wrote one of his partners, “Let the good work go on. We must ever remember we are refining oil for the poor man and he must have it cheap and good.” Or as he put it to another partner: “Hope we can continue to hold out with the best illuminator in the world at the lowest price.”

Even after 20 years in the oil business, “the best . . . at the lowest price” was still Rockefeller’s goal; his Standard Oil Company had already captured 90 per cent of America’s oil refining and had pushed the price down from 58 cents to eight cents a gallon. His well-groomed horses delivered blue barrels of oil throughout America’s cities and were already symbols of excellence and efficiency. Consumers were not only choosing Standard Oil over that of his competitors; they were also preferring it to coal oil, whale oil, and electricity. Millions of Americans illuminated their homes with Standard Oil for one cent per hour; in doing so, they made Rockefeller the wealthiest man in American history."
http://www.thefreemanonline.org/columns/john-d-rockefeller-and-the-oil-industry/

Folks, greed and envy is certainly involved in the oil business, as certainly as greed and envy is involved in the higher education lobby or in beekeeping.  The trick is figuring out who are the envious ones and who are the greedy ones.  However it seems all to often that they are one in the same.

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/doe01
I am not a big conspiracy buff.  But before any of you buy into the bleep an bull story about oil, now coming out of Washington, read a little history.   I am of the opinion that there is much more recoverable oil, and at a much lower price than Washington is willing to acknowledge.  Anyway DC is the largest holder and beneficiary of oil wealth in the USA so it is in my and in your Uncle Sam's long term intrest to extract the highest price for this oil while at the same time extracting the smallest amount of oil.  In 1930 Texas oil was $1.10 a barrel.  By 1931 the governors of Texas and Oklahoma were forced to use their National Guards to seize the oil fields in their states in an attempt to RAISE crude oil prices from $.10 (yes that is ten cents a barrel) oil finally settled at $.40 per barrel.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 11:15:57 PM »

Opps I read that wrong so I'm retracting my previous bytes  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next