it depends what sort of insurance you are after...
insurance can cover anything from public liability to thief of hives it depends what you want.
OAMPS wanted to know
· Insured Name?
· Cover Details
· Number of hives you wish to cover & the value of each hive?
· Any other covers required (incl Sum Insured, construction and year built) for Sheds, house, contents, machinery, etc?
Public & Products Liability
· Public & Products Liability Limit? $10million or $20million?
· Property size in Hectares or Acres?
· Description of farming activities? Is this cover just for your apiarist activities?
· Total annual turnover from all your activities?
· How many family members, employees and subcontractors do you have?
· Do you engage in any rural contracting?
· Do you offer Farm Stay?
· Do you sell any products directly to the public at markets etc. If yes, what products & what is the annual turnover?
· Do you import or export any products? If yes, what products, to where/from and what is the dollar value for the period of insurance?
· Do you require cover for Landing Strips?
· Have you had any claims in the past 5 years?
Please note when you have hives covered under this policy you will be covered automatically for Theft of Beehives, Transit of Beehives & Business Interruption relating to Beehives. All these covers are up to a maximum of $20,000 and as this is a automatic cover you do not pay a premium for it.