Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 09:32:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(3)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie and Exited!  (Read 602 times)
blanc
House Bee

« on: March 03, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »

Greetings from south Louisiana. Have been interested for years to start a hive beings I have been using honey instead of sugar for a long time. Finaly committed to get a hive started and in the process of catching my first swarm at this house that bees have come back to for years. Have a swarm box set up with about two fist full cluster and seeing if they stick. I would like to give props to JP the Bee Man who I just spoke to for the first time this morning and really enjoy his videos he post. I am an organic gardener and like to keep it natural because it taste better and that is how I like my honey plus the added pollination a couple hives will bring to the area. Have not seen many honey bees busy in the garden for years and wasp and carpenter bees have been mostly pollinators here but have seen quite a few honey bees as of late. Appreciate this forum to get some good ideas on how to make it happen. See you in the forums!

Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 12:56:58 PM »

welcome, congratulations, and you chose a good mentor!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Tricky
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »

Glad to see you beekeeping. I'm in north Louisiana.
tefer2
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »

Welcome to the site!
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »

Welcome!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
specialkayme
Field Bee

Location: Central NC - (somewhere either in Raleigh, Greensboro, or inbetween)

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »

Welcome to the site!
yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »

Welcome.
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 09:27:21 PM »

Hi

Welcome to site.  That some of the same reasons I wanted to get bees.  I'm about 100 miles up 59 from NO.  There is plenty to read and learn here.

Joe
blanc
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 10:30:36 PM »

Thank you all for the welcome and am enjoying learning what it takes to be a bee keeper and sharing the sweet stuff! Smiley

Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next