Well it's that time of year. I got my first hive removal for the year. sorry no video ( don't have a digital recorder yet). It was in a small cottage that was being demolished for the road right away in Gray. It was a small hive with only two sections of brood and a ton of honey and pollen. I could never locate the queen. The bees were small in size. so after removing the comb. I placed the box up against the wall and just brushed all the bees into the box.
it worked. I must have brushed the queen in because after letting it set form 2 hours they oriented to the box. I brought them home and set them up away from the other hives to get them settled. I removed the screen front and they were very docile. I hope they stay I may need to add some brood from my strong hive later this week. I'll give them a few days before opening them up for inspection.
hooray it's bee season.