Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 07:45:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the most selfish act  (Read 2332 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 10:58:34 PM »

thanks to all of you.  everyone is hanging in.  of course, they decided to make the funeral a big flipping shindig, so i have to go buy big flipping shindig clothes.   grin  oh well......
i have a problem with spending tons of money on the dead, but it's not my money, so i guess i'll just keep that to myself.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 05:31:14 AM »

Funerals are for the living, the dead don't care.

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »

Sorry to hear of the tragedy kathy. We know you'll be the rock Chris needs at this time. Be strong! Our prayers are  with your family.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 06:46:46 AM »

Sorry to hear this Kathy.

It also happened just today with an older fellow here. He was a great guy, but was informed of terminal cancer and ended it rather than deal with it.

Some might call that 'dealing' w/ it yockey5.  'Terminal' Cancer is a life sentence and can put a substantial drain on all those around it.  I personally don't count terminal cancer as one of 'life's little problems' but as a problem w/ some options for those so suffering.

Have you ever spent time w/ a dyeing Cancer patient?  Some forms are worse than others and its never pleasent for the family, the 'friends' who stick around (funny how some just go away after the diagnosis), or the one suffering. 

As I eluded to earlier, this is perhaps the 'only' time I can excuse suicide, but THAT'S JUST ME!  Smiley

t

rgy
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 11:43:10 AM »

+2 Lenape!!!!!

If you have never experienced depression, count yourself lucky,you have no idea how painfull it is. 
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »

+3 what Lenape said.  Not a rational thinking person in most cases.  So sorry for the family.
yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »

Sorry to hear this Kathy.

It also happened just today with an older fellow here. He was a great guy, but was informed of terminal cancer and ended it rather than deal with it.

Some might call that 'dealing' w/ it yockey5.  'Terminal' Cancer is a life sentence and can put a substantial drain on all those around it.  I personally don't count terminal cancer as one of 'life's little problems' but as a problem w/ some options for those so suffering.

Have you ever spent time w/ a dyeing Cancer patient?  Some forms are worse than others and its never pleasent for the family, the 'friends' who stick around (funny how some just go away after the diagnosis), or the one suffering. 

As I eluded to earlier, this is perhaps the 'only' time I can excuse suicide, but THAT'S JUST ME!  Smiley

t

t beek, I don't want, nor do I need for you to quote me, or to respond to me. Needle someone else.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 03:35:17 PM »

cool

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 10:44:26 PM »

I am so, so sorry Kathy. My father killed himself about 15 years ago. It was the worst thing I ever went through in my life. My mom left him and he was so so lonely. I did not go to his funeral as I was raging mad at my mother. I couldn't function for quite a while after that. My thoughts and prayers are with you Kathy. Very difficult to go through.

Sincerely
Annette
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 11:55:35 PM »

...rational or not, suicide is rarely a spur of the moment act...it generally follows a long period of great sadness.  I understand the anger that loved ones usually feel (especially when things are neat and clean and/or private), but I would urge some compassion for the dead.  Inflicting pain on others is rarely the (or a) goal...imagine how badly you would have to feel in order to end your life...now, imagine that you don't have to imagine that feeling...that it is your daily reality.

Don't get me wrong...everyone is entitled to their own feelings and it is natural to be angry....I wouldn't dream of telling anyone how they should feel....but I think a little empathy goes a long way towards understanding.

deknow
schawee
Field Bee

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 12:58:25 AM »

sorry for your lost kathy.will keep you in my prayers              .....schawee
-+

BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next