Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 04:50:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will I get banned for teasing T-Beek?  (Read 4280 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 05:33:06 PM »

I put 2cents into a Politics Forums instead of crowding the Coffee House. How 'bout it John, Robo?

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

This is the intro to Coffee House,we don't need a politics forum.

THE PURPOSE OF THE COFFEE HOUSE
« on: November 10, 2006, 11:51:25 AM »

Hello all:

I just noticed the Original Coffee House Welcome Message has gone bye-bye. I think it important to lay down the ground rules and to refresh everyone on the basic rules of the forum. I'll post a link to the FORUM RULES but I'll keep it simple on the Coffee House (as well as all forum) Rules:

1) Showing your passion on Non-Beekeeping topics is fine - insulting other people's views is not!
2) Agreeing to Disagree is an honorable thing when you simply don't see "eye to eye" on topics.
3) Making a fool out of yourself does nothing except make a fool out of yourself.
4) Think twice before posting, getting posts pulled is never a good thing in any forum.
5) Respect other opinions, especially when you totally disagree, assume THEY believe in what they are stating.
6) Fighting will get you booted and banned - so be kind and passionate, but be respectful.

That wasn't so tough was it. We are family oriented. Which (as far as the Coffee House goes) I think it YOUR RSPONCIBILITY to keep the kiddies out - not ours. But that does not mean arguments are okay, it only means the subject matter may be a bit more heated than the typical kid needs to hear. But rest assured, it better be kept clean enough for our youngest members, that is a given and must be followed by all.

I have thought long and hard about making the Coffee House a Member Requested Forum - I still choose to keep it the way it is. Few kids sign-up and those who do rarely if ever have interest in here. But with an International Membership talking about issues that often are viewed very differently from various parts of the Globe, we can all still find it a good outlet for our many topics of Non-Beekeeping issues.

Enjoy the Forum - and remember, just because someone agrees with you fully on one topic has no bearing on their feelings on another issue - don't assume in other words. Again Humans are all just Belly-buttons on this Big Blue Marble we lovingly call Earth - keep your Belly-button clean and the Coffee House will be a lint-free place to play.

Forum Bi-laws http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=1614.0

It has worked for six years with only a handful of members overstepping. As long as people remember membership is a privilege and not a right,it usually works out okay. But sadly,some have found the precipice to step over and are no longer members.
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 06:05:31 PM »

I think its time to adopt the Aussie system. Step out of line and your political mates talk to the the press and on TV, put you right in as to who stabbed who in the back and who is going to get it next.
    We have just had a great weekend of entertainment, call it what you like circus, theatre or whatever.
    Members of the government are scratching one anothers eyes out and the opposition is not coming up with any real policies except NO, No, No.
    The next 12 monthe up to the election ( if that long) will be very interesting.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 06:29:26 PM »

Geesh!!   I don't know...  what I do know is if I go to a donut shop and buy donuts and coffee... it ain't politics we talk about...   I think it's a good idea Kathy...  so many times the original post is not political but it turns out that way...   could be a temp forum until after the election...  John
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 07:06:55 PM »

we got through the last election in the coffee house.  try decaf   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 07:18:56 PM »

Decaf?Huh    what the heck is that???     chop chop
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »

Not exactly a "Control Group" study.  No doubt starting a war with Iran will help.

applause  applause

or just invade Cuba  grin

Live long and prosper!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 08:34:53 PM »

Decaf?Huh    what the heck is that???     chop chop

Decaf is the same coffee,but in the pot with the orange handle!!  Lol
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 04:43:08 AM »

Coffee House rules?   Riiiight, the 6 listed by buzzbee are violated nearly everyday by the forum pets  Wink

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 06:44:53 AM »

Is that a jab at moderation T? I hope not.
 Personally, I give the Coffee House a little more leniency because of the passion often generated here on any particular topic. There is hardly a regular in the Coffee House that if I dug deep enough that I could not justify an action of some sort. But rest assured if some one gets too carried away and receives a warning of some type that the way they respond to the warning is often the indicator of their future here at Beemaster.
We have sent some otherwise good members on their way before because they thought they had immunity of sorts. No one is immune from the ax,myself included,if the other  admins thought it best for the forum.
I purposely throw these reminders up occasionally before things get too out of hand,but in this case it was only in response to starting a seperate political forum. No one is in danger yet.
 I work a full time job every day as do the rest of the staff at this forum. There is enough reading to keep up on every day,and to be honest sometimes I just gloss over some of the posts on the forum each day.I do have other interests.
 So everyone,don't bait an argument and no personal attacks.  If you receive a warning,heed it. If you go outrageously over the line,you likely won't get the warning,you'll just be retired from the forum. In the latter case it is usually discussed among the admins and not a unilateral action.

I hope this clears things up a bit,keep up the lively debate!! And neither side on these debates are likely to have any converts. Smiley
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 07:14:00 AM »

Buzzbee; keep up the good work! applause

>> neither side on these debates are likely to have any converts

Us 'liberals' will keep trying to bring ya'all to the rational side of what ever we are discussing  grin

Live long and prosper!
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 07:17:30 AM »

buzzbee; hey no offense was intended toward you or BEEMASTER, but did you catch the title of this thread? 

The op made a conscious decision to include me w/ things he dislikes about the President in the title rolleyes 'assuming' he knows where I stand on any of these issues, when clearly he does not. 

Yet that is somehow acceptable?  This same fellow (a 'brother in arms' no less) starts threads by calling anyone who disagrees w/ him IDIOTS. 

So please excuse me if my viewpoint seems a little jaded buzzbee, but I've never called anyone an idiot around here, deserving or not, nor have I struck (w/ words) at another w/out first being struck.  I try real hard to remain calm in the face of the rhetorical storms thrown my way and have the bumps to show for it.

Taking a break from the Coffee House is always an option, one I've taken before.  Fact is, there's folks around here who NEED to hear other opinions, whether they are listening or not  Wink 

It remains the essence of an 'open' forum IMO

t

BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 08:05:20 AM »

Oh, come on folks, quit your whining.  grin

Some are just better at denigrating others, then they get upset when someone comes along and says things a bit clearer. Then they cry, and suggest "they" don't do it themselves.

As example...

1(A) - saying "your an idiot"...big trouble.
1(B) - Saying "I'm am trying to educate some on this forum, but they just don't get it"

2(A) - Saying "your an idiot"......big trouble.
2(B) - Saying "Did you even take the time to educate yourself and read the book?"

3(A) - Saying "your an idiot".... big trouble.
3(B) - Saying "Folks here NEED to hear my side"

What does all the examples suggest.....YOUR AN IDIOT! And yes T-beek, you may of never actually called anyone an idiot in those terms, but you do it all the time. As well as me, and many others. And I have to ask, since your in the middle of the fray most days, who exactly are you calling "forum pets". Certainly not you, huh?

Some just say it a bit clearer. Folks like iddee perhaps. But that is what I like about iddee. He is up front, truthful, and says what is on his mind. I'll take that over those who try to play the game, then moan behind the scenes when they don't like the outcome.

I would rather have iddee, call me an idiot, then have some suggest because I didn't read a book, basically the same thing, only in a better hidden manner. Or say "There you go, you might get it afterall. You just now need to get the rest". That is about pompous and denigrating as it gets.

But what we do, is resort to hidden jabs to claim we are superior, higher enlightened, and better educated on some topic, while suggesting others are idiots. Like anyone really respects anyone who openly states that others NEED what they have to offer.

As for the forum, I find it the best moderated. And this is from a person who has had a few issues over the years. And regardless of what some whine about, many folks come here to debate, learn, and take part in the conversations outside the bee threads. If you don't want to read political stuff, then don't open the threads. They are easy to recognize. If we were all relegated to answering "What color should I paint my hive" I bet many would not come here as often.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »

Well thanks for clearing that all up for us BjornBee;  Didn't mean to get you all worked up  Wink.  Seems to me we've had this type of dialogue before, haven't we? 

Guess it really does take one to know one, right?  grin  C'mon man, you know who the pets are as well as anyone  Wink

Besides, what does any of it have to do w/ this thread or the implications (right or wrong) made by the op?

Whining?  Isn't that how this thread began?

t

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 09:15:34 AM »

""Whining?  Isn't that how this thread began?""

No, absolutely not.

This thread began as a light hearted attempt at humor, with all the signs and signals that is available with print. It was started to try to get an atmosphere leaning to the negative back toward center or to the positive. I'm just sorry it went so far over some reader's heads that it just made the atmosphere worse. That was not my intention.

As I said before, I will go back to chatting with Bluebee. He has the ability to disagree, crack a wisecrack, and laugh it off. With him, I can laugh at whatever he says, because I know he isn't attacking, he's just picking and teasing. He knows the same about me.

We aren't going to change the world or elect any world leaders on coffee house, so why can't we express our ideas, rib our fellow members a bit, do a little "tongue in cheek" posting, and go on with life with a smile?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 09:39:38 AM »

As I said before, I will go back to chatting with Bluebee. He has the ability to disagree, crack a wisecrack, and laugh it off. With him, I can laugh at whatever he says, because I know he isn't attacking, he's just picking and teasing. He knows the same about me.
I learned a long time ago I’m not going to win any of these debates grin

I second what Ray said.  BuzzBee, keep up the good work!   applause applause applause

We have a lively crew here, don’t want to loose any of y’all.  Agree to disagree.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:50:42 AM by BlueBee » Logged
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 09:45:53 AM »

The Butt of any 'joke' is still the Butt, iddee.  Its a place 'no one' ever appreciates.  

I can apologise openly to you and everyone on the forum for any perceived offence, and most certainly if your intentions were truly sincere.  Letting some time go by can be healing IMO.

I don't come around here to "WIN" anything.   I come to debate, inform, observe and learn, and seek other's who are doing the same.

That all said; I also admit that I tend to take people's words very seriously.  But tell me, how else should they be taken?  huh  None of us can read minds now,,,,,,,,,,,,,, can we?

t

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 10:07:57 AM »

i really enjoy talking to all kinds of people.  even liberals  grin  i do think that there are some people who are to thin skinned or take things to seriously to enjoy time in the coffee house.  like most things in life, being there and interacting is a choice.  if you chose to engage, don't whine. 

very rarely have we had anyone who was intentionally nasty. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 10:36:37 AM »

Interacting is a choice alright.

t

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 11:22:50 AM »

I have been called "an old man", a "redneck", a "bigot", "prejudiced", "hillbilly", "bubba", and a few other choice names and descriptions.
Some by Beemaster himself. Did I take offense? NOPE! It was, in my opinion, all fitting for the occasion, whether joking or serious, it was more or less expected. I have always enjoyed a good bit of "cutting up", both when putting it out and when taking it in. I feel sorry for those who can't.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »

http://youtu.be/SeJ86poZq60
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next