Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 18, 2014, 12:31:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heros' deaths  (Read 1446 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: February 25, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »

The death of Whitney Houston is on the news several times a day.
She had one of the greatest voices in history.
She was also an admitted crack, meth, heroin, cocain addict. People
sobbed with her passing.  Below are some other great people who
died recently, none of which were drug addicts:

Justin Allen 23
Brett Linley 29
Matthew Weikert 29
Justus Bartett 27
Dave Santos 21
Jesse Reed 26
Matthew Johnson 21
Zachary Fisher 24
Brandon King 23
Christopher Goeke 23
and Sheldon Tate 27...

These are all Marines that gave their lives last month.
There is no media for them;
not even a mention of their names.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »

May they find themselves in Heaven and may God hold them close to His heart.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 01:45:34 AM »

Thanks for the reminder of our country's great sacrifice.  It's not just on memorial day that I remind myself of all the brave souls who have made a great sacrifice for our country.

A tip of my hat and deepest sincere gratitude to all who serve our fine country

Old Blue
Cognizant of our Country's freedom and liberty and thankful for it.
God Bless America
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 06:56:54 AM »

Actually, heroin use has skyrocketed among US Forces serving in Afghanistan, proving that even drug addicts can be heroic. 

Reminds me of another (CIA controlled) war that addicted a significant portion of our population, you know the one iddee.

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 07:35:23 AM »

I was in the one, Tbeek. Never saw anything like the media proclaimed. The only drugs I ever saw used in nam for pleasure was Darvon. A couple of them and you could equal the effects of 10 beers with only 2 bottles. Other than that, pot and hash was NEARLY non-existent.
I imagine the media is blowing the Afghan story just as high out of the water.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:54 AM »

Me too iddee, its why I mentioned it  Wink.  

Service in the Republic of Vietnam has as many stories as those who served in that part of the world, much of it dependant on 'time of service' during our involvement over a 30 plus year period.  Just because 'you' didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't going on.  Much of military life is/was split into different camps as I recall, whether by politics, MO S's, drugs of choice, etc.....

I served a second out of Phu Bi (Camp Evans/Camp Eagle) w/ the 101st when it was just a ghost town (less than 50,000 Americans in country total), winter of 72-73 and drugs were literally everywhere and few were leaving them alone.  

I've since talked with veterans from all years of our involvement (military, CIA and civilian) and each has quite a different perspective depending greatly on the time spent, showing similarities largely dependant on the specific era they served, sometimes even a year made the difference much depending on what was happening (or not) happening in DC (sound familiar?).

A former colleague of mine (a mentor), now passed on, served the majority of the 50's in either Vietnam, Congo or Iran.  This guy was one of the most unassuming, yet heroic people I've ever known, though was capable of ripping out your heart if such a thing was even considered, you must know the type.  One would never guess what kind of experiences he'd lived by looking at him.  Man, he had some stories to tell.  

He use to say it all the time too iddee;  "The only hero's are the dead."

Had to come back:  The media has failed miserably (as usual) in reporting this story of addiction among our people overseas, yet our military uses drugs use as a means to 'thin out' the troops and VA uses it to deny benefits. 

Remember that saying from Nam iddee?  "Used and thrown away."   Many of us still feel that way and our numbers continue to grow with these new wars.

The under-reported 'reality' is that poppy production in Afghanistan has gone up each year we have been there.

t
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:09:16 AM by T Beek » Logged

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 09:06:07 AM »

It so sad that our media (and parts of society) are so absorbed by celebrity and fame that they forget who the real heroes are.  God rest their souls.

Thanks to our living hero’s like Iddee and T Beek too.  applause applause applause
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 09:18:41 AM »

Its all part of a very deliberate effort to keep us distracted BlueBee, and in case you missed it; 

"the only hero's are the dead."  Sad

t

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 02:39:36 AM »

I don't think that a hero and someone who is absorbed by the quest for celebrity and fame are the same.  Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin even men like T. W. Wilson and the two Roosevelts were all absorbed by the quest for celebrity and fame.

Celebrity and fame on the other hand seeks out heroes.  While seekers of celebrity and fame are usually not long for this world.  Marland Monroe, as well as the King of Rock and his son-in-law the King of Pop all sought celebrity and fame and they all died as a result of drugs.  The list of dead fame seekers is much much to long to post here and almost every day the list grows longer.  

A local girl and Hollywood personality of some fame, Tallulah Bankhead just came to my mind.  Ms Bankhead was a powerful US Senator's daughter and her final words were uttered on a hospital gurney while a doctor interrogated her.  Tallulah's final words were reported as, "heroin, Bourbon,...sigh"  Sad so very very sad.  My feelings on the subject are that anyone seeking personal celebrity and fame has a grave personality defect, no pun intended.  

Bankhead and most of the other people like her are imho unqualified to stand in the shadow these 11 young Marines cast.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:30:59 PM by kingbee » Logged
bulldog
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »

unfortunately i live in new jersey ( its only my bees that are lucky enough to live in new york )  and it was all you could find on tv for days. i found it sickening to hear that our governor ordered flags flown at half staff to honor a dead drug addict. it's a shame our young men and women returning home in a box don't get the same attention.

Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »

MAYBE OUR DEAD WOULD GET THEIR DESERVED TREATMENT 'IF' THE MEDIA BEGAN SHOWING THE BOXES BEING TAKEN OFF THE PLANES AND LOWERED INTO THE GROUND.  ooops, sorry for all the caps  embarassed

Its pretty easy to just ignore the life and death of our troops these days, the powers that be have perfected the methods of keeping us dumb, confused and divided.

Bring Back the Draft.

t

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »

... the powers that be have perfected the methods of keeping us dumb, confused and divided.  Bring Back the Draft.

You and I agree.  But what will we do with the powers that be?  I would also go so far as making timely draft registration a requirement for ALL Federal programs, no exceptions.   
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 04:27:56 PM »

Do you really want me to say what "I'd" do with the "powers" that be? 

Not with the latest additions to the the Patriot Act or Homeland Security Act I won't  Wink  Better to just have some 'assume' they already know  grin

t

Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 04:46:18 PM »

all of you keep after it...  you'll get it all solved and the rest of us can live in peace!!!  God Bless the Marines and America!!!   What is the point of this post...   iddee is right...  don't get me wrong... I'm sorry Whitney Houston had such a rough life but she made the choices...  the Marines chose to serve their COUNTRY!!!  HELLO!!!   not to die in a foreign country..   I am a disabled Vietnam vet and I know what cost us that war....  POLITICS!!!   Semper fidelis  Marines... 
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 04:56:52 PM »

You know it brother.

t

SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 05:50:34 PM »

>>Not with the latest additions to the the Patriot Act or Homeland Security Act I won't
Me too, Brother 

Land of the FREE....? Once upon a time ,,,,,,
$175 fine if you don't have your papers!

God Bless all of the fine Men and Women who have, and the ones who are, serving our country in uniform.  applause  applause  applause

>>Bring Back the Draft. applause
This professional military of ours is going to CROSS the RUBICON on us, if we are not careful!

Live long and prosper!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next