Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 12:43:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORUM  (Read 1657 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: February 20, 2012, 11:19:50 PM »

Well... Here we are eight years ago on Feb. 20th, 2004 i did my first post and many of you came shortly after and still new members are joining every day.

Thanks to Robo's install of a new Capcha program the days of spambots are likely over and we can trust the data of new members again.  Meanwhile a round of applause to Buzzbee for managing the daunting number of bot members who never caused havoc, but filled the stats pages with false data. There alone are two major examples of what it takes to keep a forum running great and fun for the members.

It has been incredible and looking forward for years and years to come.

Beemaster

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 06:43:12 AM »

Happy Birthday to the forum, and thank you for introducing me to so many wonderful people and enticing myself to the other side of the world which I dont think I would ever have done without my contact with members of the forum. Off to bed now but will drink a toast to y'all tomorrow.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:52:39 AM »

bos you sho got my thanks for the forum and yo personal friendship and all the other friends i have made here thanks to you and ventrillo.
sho gota thank that eghead rob for his knowledge about the software that keeps us going, and when you 2 outa pocket ken is always there, and we dont wanna forget ivan when he happens through. and ted if he gets it in gear again. show hope to see that scudder again this yr

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to bee or not to bee
KD4MOJ
Field Bee

Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 07:56:32 AM »

my 50th is not til April so we'll see what happens.   grin Happy Birthday BM!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:34:34 AM by KD4MOJ » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »

what bud said  grin

happy birthday and thanks!!  and it's not a bad time to remind people that we can give donations to help keep the site going!!!!  button at the top of the page.  nothing easier than paypal  Wink
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:00:34 AM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »

I agree with the above.   Look at how much time one spends here and the amount of info that is passed around from member to member.   Thanks again for bringing us the forum.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »

Hats off to the visionary founder and the rest of the staff.It has been a great run,and I have enjoyed watching newcomers to the keeping come in and be able to quiz the more experienced. And I really appreciate all I have learned and continue to learn on a daily basis. I know there have been times when we hit bumps in the road,but hopefully they have gotten smoothed over to satisfaction.
 And it always amazes me,when you think you have seen all questions asked,that a new development or surprise comes out of nowhere.
I remember a few years ago posting pictures created great difficulty,but the technology has evolved to videos,voice chat. podcasts and the ability to use smart devices to access the forum.
I wonder what will come to the forum in the next eight years? What struggles will we overcome as a group and what new friendships will be made? Smiley

And Allen,I know what you mean,this is usually my first stop in the morning and many times the last before bed. And a whole lotta time in between!! cheesy cheesy
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 06:39:12 PM »

Not to mention getting to know a yankee redneck!  Happy B-day!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 10:20:05 PM »

Thank you beemaster John. I never could have done this hobby without the forum and the people who helped me. I haven't been able to spend much time these days on the forum (life has found a way to keep me hopping with so many things right now), but I do try and check in once in a while.

I started beekeeping in 2006, just 2 years after the forum was started. I had no idea the forum was so young when I started on here. I truly appreciate all that you have done to keep the forum such a nice safe place without all the garbage that is usually on the internet. I know that you have put your heart into this place John and would not sell out to potential buyers that would ruin it.

Thanks so much

Annette
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 11:47:28 PM »

Happy Birthday Beemaster.com!

Thanks to everyone for all you do! Good friends, good times, lots of knowledge passed along the way.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 11:50:36 PM »

Just a thought Annette. You surely wont ever worry about selling out - the domain name is safe and will aways be renewed as will the passing of the torch when that day comes. Sure I'm proud of what i started but I'm elated at what the members made of it - this has been a very successful social experiment on how people can be civilized in the great wild west of the internet and minus a handful or two of people who just didn't get it, we've done incredible!!!  Thanks again.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 02:02:58 AM »

THANKS GUYS ! ! !

I'm hoisting a large pitcher of beer and toasting you guys for making it happen and taming the cyber BS.  I really have learned a lot hanging out here.

Old Blue
Lovin the Beemaster Forums in...
Kali-bone-ya
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 04:17:56 PM »

Which one are you talking about Scott Huh

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 05:22:39 PM »

John of course Geoff..."Boss Man".

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Country Heart
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »

cheer
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 08:42:04 AM »

I wonder what will come to the forum in the next eight years?

We are due for an overhaul.  SMF 2.0 has been out for a while now and seems to be stable.   Now I just need the time to work on creating a new template and plan how to migrate everything...Not a small endeavor, similar to when we went from phpBB to SMF but now with 10x the amount of posts.   Hopefully it won't take 8 years  Wink

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »

...  and it's not a bad time to remind people that we can give donations to help keep the site going!!!!  button at the top of the page.  nothing easier than paypal  Wink
Thanks for the reminder. Was gonna donate at Christmas but got caught up in other things. What I've learned here and the enjoyment I've had hanging out here is definitely worth a donation.
KD4MOJ
Field Bee

Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »

I wonder what will come to the forum in the next eight years?

We are due for an overhaul.  SMF 2.0 has been out for a while now and seems to be stable. 

I wish you guys were running vBulletin. From a user standpoint, vBulletin is much better forum software. I use to run forums on SMF as well and it was a royal pain. Then again, vBulletin cost money and that can be an issue.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

P.S. I'll pony up some cash if you wanna switch!    Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next