Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 18, 2014, 09:43:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So clear and idiot should get it.......  (Read 6503 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: February 17, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »

8 easy paragraphs say it all.

http://robertringer.com/columns/time-to-tame-the-federal-beast/#more-5417

Smiley

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »

An interesting link. I can not find anything in the basic premise about which to disagree.

Nowever; The author is forgetting that for the previous 150 or so years that the colonist who landed here were either fleeing to an opportunity society in search of a job or a better station in life, or else they were fleeing from a society of religious, ethnic, and class persecution.  The revolution did not start until both the British Crown and Parliament decided to reinstate or to begin enforcing the old European order of things that forced English and Dutchmen (among others) to flee here in the first place.

My greatest hope is that Obama and his band of angles don't realise their mistake until it is too late for them to escape the democratic consequences of their actions.

sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »

There are a few on here that are incapable of getting it. rant
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:52:32 PM »

i am amazed at the number of people i have talked to who have a sort of peace about this.  i was talking to you youngest and he mentioned that he and his friends are expecting a big crash..war, economic, whatever.  they see it coming.  talking to my sister in england she said people are "nesting".  various friends have expressed the same feelings in different ways.

we have reached a tipping point and i think, tipped.  the next few years are going to be nasty.  those very people that have been "helped" by government largess are going to be hardest hit.  the rest of us, if we are prepared, may come out the other end alive, but the rebuilding??  it will be interesting to see what is left.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »

Are some of you drinking?

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 05:45:21 PM »

Are some of you drinking?

t

Why? Are you looking for a drink?   Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »

Fear, fear, and more fear.  The primary tool of the conservatives.

From the propaganda:
These entitlements cost the taxpayers about $2.5 trillion per year. The federal government collects only $2.5 trillion a year in revenue. So, the rest of the government — defense, justice, the goons in the TSA, national parks, even the Post Office — is paid for by borrowing. And most of the borrowing is paid for by the Federal Reserve printing cash. And that causes inflation, which decreases the purchasing power of your savings.
The Fed says we are just barely inflating (under 2%).  Inflation is NOT a problem at this point.  The Feds real fear is if you stop printing money we go into DEFLATION.  Then the real long term value of all our debt goes way up and we’re far worse off.  What is problem with printing money (and erasing debt) if it has no negative impact on your currency?  China does it all the time. 

Please enlighten me again why the Feds removal of 3 trillion dollars of debt from your children’s heads is such an evil thing when it has had no impact on inflation to date.  The Republican obstructionists have cut how much debt again?  What are they up to?  Maybe 100 billion dollars?

These entitlements cost the taxpayers about $2.5 trillion per year.
A huge portion of that goes to Medicare.  As Obama has pointed out time and time again to those that listen, the health care costs are out of control.  Hence the need for Obama care.

On a clear day, one can see propaganda for what it is, if one opens their eyes.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 09:20:36 PM »

Please read reply # 2.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 10:06:24 PM »

Inflation is NOT a problem at this point

really?  been shopping lately?

As Obama has pointed out time and time again to those that listen, the health care costs are out of control.  Hence the need for Obama care

which we all know.....is FREE!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »

pop

Live long and prosper!
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 02:12:30 AM »

... federal government collects only $2.5 trillion a year in revenue. So, the rest of the government — defense, justice, the goons in the TSA, national parks, even the Post Office — is paid for by borrowing. And most of the borrowing is paid for by the Federal Reserve printing cash... The Fed says we are just barely inflating (under 2%)...

LET ME SEE IF I HAVE THIS RIGHT
You are saying that the government is financing the national debt by printing money, and then passing that money off on the Federal Reserve banks by depositing it there, then the government is forcing the Federal Reserve banks to finance the national debt by buying government bonds with the same funny money the government just printed and passed.  Is that about it? Holy Bernie Madoff Bat Man!  

Then in order to delay inflation, the Federal Government has increased the number of dollars that the Federal Reserve banks are required to hold in reserve. Since a higher cash reserve requirement exerts downward pressure on the amount of money available for banks to loan, this results in unemployment, business failures, and makes it difficult for homeowners to borrow or refinance.  This causes more homeowners to default and results in more underwater mortgages resulting even more forecloses resulting in less bank lending resulting in more forecloses.... Holy Ponzi scheme Flash Gordon

While all this self defeating BS is going on, Obama's Teleprompter is talking out of both sides of its mouth by imploring the Federal Reserve banks to lend more money to ordinary Americans, all the time its saying these things it knows it can't let it happen, because this will result in massive inflation.  This conduct is not dumb, its criminal.  

The real problem I have with Obama though is not Obama, it is what kind of disastrous Right or Left wing dictatorship will rise out of the ashes of the American economy once Obama can't damage it anylonger, and how many needless wars that dictatorship will fight to distract our attention away from our economic troubles and away from Obama's successor government, by keeping our attention focused on some nonexistent third world threat, like the Pacific Island of Fiji's "threat" to invade the Florida Keys.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 05:07:36 AM »

then the government is forcing the Federal Reserve banks to finance the national debt by buying government bonds with the same funny money the government just printed and passed.  Is that about it?

I would agree your analysis is about right.

Then in order to delay inflation, the Federal Government has increased the number of dollars that the Federal Reserve banks are required to hold in reserve. Since a higher cash reserve requirement exerts downward pressure on the amount of money available for banks to loan, this results in unemployment, business failures, and makes it difficult for homeowners to borrow or refinance.

I would differ with that conclusion.  The fed is loaning out as much money as anybody (banks) ask for at 0% interest.  The fed is being very loose (or risk on) with money, it’s the banks that are hoarding dollars and not lending.  The odds are the banks are so loaded up with bad mortgages; they are risk adverse to refinancing even Bill Gates!  This is why Bernanke is begging Congress/Obama to do something to fix the housing market.  Probably more for the purpose of keeping the banks from imploding than for helping the people.

by imploring the Federal Reserve banks to lend more money to ordinary Americans, all the time its saying these things it knows it can't let it happen, because this will result in massive inflation.

The FED doesn’t interact with ordinary citizens, they interact with the banks.  As for inflation, I have reported at least a half a dozen times, the DATA says we have very low inflation.  Problem is beeks don’t like real data.  CPI data from Bureau of Labor Statistics. http://www.bls.gov/cpi/tables.htm

Where do y’all keep coming up with this massive inflation fantasy I keep hearing?  Give me some legitimate sources, not just your vivid imaginations.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 08:15:22 AM »

Excellent analysis bluebee, your doing great! applause

t

JackM
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »

somebody needs to check the water for drugs

Open your eyes and look at what is happening around you.  Forget the media, forget the opinions in the paper and on the news and the posts.  Open your eyes and look at the faces of people, the way they move.  There are those that are blind and those that see.  You can see it in their expressions if you look.  Don't be told what to think.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 01:58:58 AM »

I don't know what the fed is talking about when they say inflation is 2%. 

I know when I go to the grocery store I'm not faced with 2% price increases.
I know when my daughter thought she was going to go to college it wasn't 2% increases that killed that.
I know when I fill my car up it isn't 2% increases that are draining my wallet.
I know when the last time I bought tires it wasn't a 2% increase that was hurting like he77.
I know when my son wants to play on the school baseball team it's not a 2% increase that I'm looking at.
I know every time my health insurance goes up it's not 2%
I know that in spite of living comfortably on what we earned in the past our typical 3-5% raises have left our family struggling now and looking at lowering our lifestyles and fearing for our employment.

I can't figure out just what it is that the fed has found to measure that has only been inflating at 2%, cause if thats all it is, it sure is kicking our a$$e$.

Yeah, 2% that sure must be whats doing it to us.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the fed isn't measuring inflation the same (or reality based) way that it used to.

Old Blue
Where the beaurocrats make the stamp act look like amatuer hour, in...
Kali-bone-ya
and the SFBIMs think inflation is 2%
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »

... Where do y’all keep coming up with this massive inflation fantasy I keep hearing?...

At the grocery store.  At the gas station.  In the bee equipment catalogues.  At the restaurant.  At the auto parts store.  At the feed store.  When my medical insurance premium came due.  At the car lot.  The list is endless. 

Those who fail to recognise this fact must be fortunate enough to not have to shop for themselves.  You know and other such as President... George Herbert Walker Bush.
http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2010/01/03/bush-v-grocery-scanner/

We're not out of the woods yet.  Our Boomer Genenation Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, can't pump her own gasoline or get a cup of coffee out of a 7-11 coffee maker.
http://www.indecisionforever.com/blog/tag/ralph-nader/page/7
Even That REACTIONARY FAR RIGHT WING NEANDERTHAL TROGLIDITE Ralph Nader says its so!!!!

Countdown: Hillary's False Gas Outrage 4-30-08

Even that REACTIONARY FAR RIGHT WING NEANDERTHAL TROGLIDITE Keith Olbermann says its so!!!!

But Hillary indowed a university program to teach poor kids how to peel grapes for her.  So all is now well.  Some things are fundamental and are therefor immune to fundamental change, don't you know?

These last 3 sentences are sarcasm y'all.
So cheer up bud, you know if these two champions of the Proletariat said it... it's so, ... If you disagree, tell it to Keith and Ralph?Huh
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »

And when most people just use their own senses for their “data”, they would conclude that the Earth is flat.  http://www.bls.gov/cpi/tables.htm
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 12:41:44 AM »

And when most people just use their own senses for their “data”, they would conclude that the Earth is flat.  http://www.bls.gov/cpi/tables.htm

who shops for you?

http://www.ers.usda.gov/briefing/cpifoodandexpenditures/consumerpriceindex.htm

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/25/markets/gas_prices/

inflation is not what the government says it is, it's what we actually pay. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 02:50:26 AM »

I just bought 2 gallons of milk the other day for $5.  Not too many years ago 1 gallon was selling for $5!  The price of Milk has DEFLATED by 50%!  It has crashed in value.  Many other food and drink items are also flat to down.  Buy any wine lately? 

I see a lot of houses for sale in my area for about 60% percent the price they were a couple years ago.  That is DEFLATION of 40%.  Price of land in my area was $5000 to $7000 per acre.  Now it’s going for $3500 an acre.  A DEFLATION of nearly 50%.  When your home value drops by 40%, that's usually a pretty big chunk of change.  Usually far more significant than having to pay an extra 50 cents per gallon at the pump. 

If the summation of consumer prices are inflating as “massively” as your imaginations, then why are SO many people 40% under water on their mortgages?  It’s called deflation folks.  That’s when things cost less now than they did in the past.  It might be time for some more homework:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflation
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 06:53:05 AM »

I must agree w/ bluebee.  It seems obvious that some of you are confusing inflation with higher prices (on specific items).  I think several of you are simply confused when discussing these issues, sorry.  Its no wonder why so many of you don't get Henry George or "Single Tax" economics.  I've tried in vain to learn ya, to no avail for some  rolleyes 

With economics we can't just make up things, we must deal in reality.

On a personal level I'm getting ready to upgrade our solar power system and have found out that due to 'DEFLATION' it has become a buyers market, with module prices going for around $2.00 watt, where they were over $5.00 just a year ago.  Lucky me.

t
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:07:20 AM by T Beek » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next