Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 07:54:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So clear and idiot should get it.......  (Read 5792 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2012, 10:29:11 AM »

""If you go to work every day for a month, and at the end of the month you dont have anymore than you did at the beginning of the month and you believe that what you did all month was only worth a roof over you head for 30 days, gas to get you to work, food to fuel you so you can work, and the wear and tear on your cloths so your not naked at work, vehicle to get you to work, etc.,""

The only problem with that is, most people doing that on 1000 a week, would do exactly the same thing on 3000 a week. They spend what they know is coming in and just a bit more. I don't think there is anyone in the USA that can't live on 90% of their income and put 10% away. I did, even during times of unemployment.

I'm not rich now, but I am comfortable.

PS. The best paying job I had in 55 years of employment was 10:00 per hour. I don't feel too much pity for people making 100,000 a year and losing their home.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2012, 10:47:06 AM »

iddee, we did the same.  we had no debt other than the student loans and we paid those off with double payments so we could get out from under them.  we had nothing extra, only one car, dressed out of goodwill, and ate chicken parts.  every cent that didn't go to maintaining life, went into the bank in case something broke.  people don't do that anymore. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:52 AM »

Do I hear a violin in the background?  grin 

Man you guys sure have a lot of pre-concieved notions about 'certain' other folks you don't like or assume are taking something from you.

(still funny when the shoes are reversed, heh?)

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2012, 01:04:32 PM »

there is a difference between a notion and an observation.  another difference between an observation and facts. 

our observations are backed by facts.   here is one breakdown and the references for the raw data are in the article.  be sure to go to the bottom for the appendix.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/07/what-is-poverty

it is also a fact that they are taking from us.  they are not cared for by magic.  they are given our money by way of redistribution (taxes)

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2012, 01:31:55 PM »

Oh please, now you're giving me a reading assignment when you've shown us time and again that you can't/won't/unwilling to/? apply the same courtesy?

And then you send something from the Heritage %#@&* no less, those folks that used (?) to be the JBS.  Like we should trust those guys with providing any form of truth to the masses. 

Sorry, but I'm going back to Henry George  cool for truth  Smiley

t

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2012, 01:50:54 PM »

Do I hear a violin in the background?  grin 
I hear that violin in the background a lot as well  Smiley 
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2012, 02:00:55 PM »

"The best kind of slave is the kind that dont even know they are a slave."

If you are satisfied by being robbed of your wealth, thats fine.  I am not ok with it.  I have worked all my life, had my first job at 9.  

I am not talking about weather or not one should be lazy or how well ones ability to manage their money should affect their quality of living.  I never implied one should wait around for handouts.  I implied that as a whole, we all are getting used like livestock.  We made the issue our assignment for an economics course I had.  We all learned a lot more about economics than we all intended.  Taxes can be a good thing if used properly, so can banks, money, and so on.  But if you let a "for profit corporation" take control of currency, thats a bad idea, strait from the conception of it.  

My slogan at bottom is there for a reason.  If you watch you will see it every day, over and over.  Most people get stuck in one train of thought and will not open their mind to anything.  They dont listen, just prepare their response as they hear or read what others are saying, digesting none of the message.

"The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory"

You can continue blaming whoever or whatever you want.  Until the politicians of this country do their job, follow the constitution, abolish the federal reserve, take back control of our currency and end the continuous cycle of deflation and inflation, we all will be working tomorrow to make up for what value was lost today.

If you start from scratch with zero dollars, borrow a billion with 1% interest (cheap, very cheap) so you have currency, you are forever in debt.  That is our situation.  You can never pay back the billion because you cant come up with the interest.  If you give back the billion you are broke and still owe money.  To keep paying you have to keep borrowing.  To borrow you have to pay, to pay you borrow, and that is why the irs was created to keep they vicious cycle going so the rich behind the curtains could basically have complete control.  They dont pay taxes on profit, they are the only company who has never been audited, the share holders are unknown, ..... the list goes on and on.  It completely an unnecessary arrangement and completely unconstitutional.  Congress is the one who is supposed to coin money and should be doing it.  There is absolutely no reason why any of us need to be paying interest on money that is supposed to be created by congress. If you still wish to ignore the facts and not look for the truth of why the main mass of debt is there, just blame democrats, republicans, overspending, welfare, lazy people, idiots, .........

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2012, 05:22:42 PM »

WE NEED TO BE HEARD!!!

I am a member of golf’s lower 99%. I am an indifferent golfer, and there’s no way I could ever make it to the professional level. I will never put in the practice time to be the best. I will never have the shots, skills, or mental toughness to “make it” in the sport. I just never felt like working all that hard at it.

However, I am a part of the golfing community and, as such, feel I should be paid by the top 1% of golfers for what I do. It isn't fair that those players who have worked harder, have studied the game more carefully, have better equipment and are more skilled and dedicated should make all that BIG money.

Where's my share? I’m a Victim!

The top 1% should pay for my club memberships and greens fees and lessons, buy me new clubs, balls, clothes and shoes, and pay me some of their winnings. They can afford it. They are “The Rich.” The whole system should be changed to accommodate people like me. I think we should get together and occupy a golf course and demand that those who are better at what they do, pay for us who generally suck.

Whining should get us something - maybe we'll make the cover of  Time Magazine and garnish some public sympathy. Hell, during this election year we may even get a law or two passed by legislators who want our votes.

The Occupy Golf Movement

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »

The Occupy Golf Movement

yippie chick

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2012, 05:24:44 AM »

Certainly not the first time we've been presented a ridicules analogy that's supposed to help us understand reality.

Golf heh?  Personally I believe our preoccupation with sports (entertainment) has much to do with the lack of involvement and knowledge in 'real' issues of the day. 

Most folks know more about their favorite teams than what their local townships are up to, much less what State or Federal Reps are doing.  Most don't even know the names of their Elected legislators, our Supreme Justices or in many cases these days, their own neighbors. 

But we know who's playing this week  rolleyes

A victim iddee?  You?  Now that is funny.  You were making another joke, right?

When you get tired of being a victim, let me know.  I'm sure I can help  Wink.

t

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2012, 06:29:44 AM »

""You were making another joke, right?""

Glad you could see that one.

*Shel Silverstein*
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2012, 06:46:47 AM »

Good one iddee.

I like the analogy. Simple and I am sure one that some folks can understand.

Of course, I took some time off last night from the forum and watched the Penquins beat Dallas in hockey, which I guess makes me an idiot.

Funny how some would denigrate a sports enthusiast, or a persons knowledge on sports. Because I've heard that same reasoning applied to those sitting on forums with nothing better to do, with others suggesting there are better ways to spend time and make a difference in the world. So tell me, what is the value of someone hanging out on the coffee forum of a bee website again?

Disclaimer: Not really bashing forums. But trying to draw stupid comparisons for others that do so with other topics. I would suppose there are a bunch of folks for religious, personal, and other reasons who simply stay as far away from politics as possible. Can I really blame anyone who says they no longer go to school meetings and stepped back for whatever reason? No. I don't care what a persons reasoning for not knowing their neighbors. As if that is my business. Of course I don't rank folks based on whether they know all the judges, or other list of items. Does knowing who is on the bench really translate into anything, beyond knowing a list of names?  

And if you think about it, don't you think some might possible suggest that beekeepers are part of that problem also. We all know beekeeping is a hobby that some are very passionate about. Magazines, bee meetings, forums, running around with a swarm box in the car just in case you get a call, building, painting, dreaming, and so on, all for a person who keeps a box of bugs in the backyard.   Wink  Makes a sports enthusiast seem kind of sensible if you really think about it.  rolleyes Beekeepers I am sure spend more time chatting about bees than attending political functions. Does that make them idiots also?

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2012, 07:11:27 AM »

As is usual; another excellent example of justification for ridicule presented by BjornBee  grin

'Nobody' does it better  Wink  Good job!

t

BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2012, 07:24:24 AM »

Not sure about the ridicule. I was hoping for "perspective".  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2012, 07:47:12 AM »

Remember reading about the old stocks people were put in on main street for punishment?  When common sense and reason didn't succeed in getting rid of them, ridicule was used successfully. When common sense is totally missing from the other parties, ridicule works well.

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2012, 07:48:11 AM »

Perhaps its your method BjornBee, I know mine needs some work  Wink and I don't mind saying so.

t

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:03 AM »

Remember reading about the old stocks people were put in on main street for punishment?  When common sense and reason didn't succeed in getting rid of them, ridicule was used successfully. When common sense is totally missing from the other parties, ridicule works well.

"When common sense is totally missing"  C'mon iddee, what are you really trying to say?  grin

Stocks were used for 'one' purpose iddee; Absolute Control.

Were we more or less civilised then?  The answers should tell us all something about the days we live in  Wink.

t

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2012, 08:39:23 AM »

"C'mon iddee, what are you really trying to say?    grin "

I hope you meant the  grin , light heartedness is much more fun than down and dirty.  Here's 2 back for you.  grin grin Now let's relax and have fun.

*Shel Silverstein*
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2012, 02:03:48 AM »

""The best kind of slave is the kind that dont even know they are a slave."

If you are satisfied by being robbed of your wealth, thats fine.  I am not ok with it.  I have worked all my life, had my first job at 9. 

I am not talking about weather or not one should be lazy or how well ones ability to manage their money should affect their quality of living.  I never implied one should wait around for handouts.  I implied that as a whole, we all are getting used like livestock.  We made the issue our assignment for an economics course I had.  We all learned a lot more about economics than we all intended.  Taxes can be a good thing if used properly, so can banks, money, and so on.  But if you let a "for profit corporation" take control of currency, thats a bad idea, strait from the conception of it.  "

I think Beenuts pretty much gets it.

"Most folks know more about their favorite teams than what their local townships are up to, much less what State or Federal Reps are doing.  Most don't even know the names of their Elected legislators, our Supreme Justices or in many cases these days, their own neighbors."

Most "legislative lawbreakers" and "alleged representatives" deserve to be on trial for treason.  I don't know to many folks who can stomach whats going on in gov.

Old Blue
Where the well off steal from the less well off for their solar cells so they can feel good about it. in....
Kali-bone-ya 

SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »

>>Where the well off steal from the less well off  applause

A little out of context but the truth!

Live long and prosper!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring