Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 25, 2014, 05:09:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming info  (Read 2415 times)
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »

1936 heh?  I believe that was a period largely determined by what was then BIG AG at the time, who against better judgement were able to convince farmers across the land into removing fence-rows and introducing 'new' methods of production by using chemicals, which some have attributed to the dust storms that permeated the area for what, something like ten years? 

The 30's spelled the beginning of the end of small family farms.  The 80's pretty much secured it.  But SMART people all over have been returning to small farming as the real answer to feeding the world.  applause

Personally I've never been too fond of individual record 'highs' and 'lows' as much as 'consistency' in temps for any area or region.  Its too easy to see what one wants to see.  Temp consistancy is more reflective of a trend IMO. 

As explained above, our above average temps for the 2011-2012 Winter have been consistently above average throughout the season. 

We're actually getting more normal (?) temps right now in February, when based on the past 3-4 months, one would think we'd be experiencing temps in the 60's right now   grin.

kingbee; you must know I'm not seeking your approval  rolleyes

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »

it has less to do with chemicals than with poor soil conservation and use.  add a drought and you have dust.   i was told once that the small family farm was destroyed by the GI bill, which might be a little extreme, but makes the point the here and all over the world, we became a more educated and more industrialized people. why on earth would a kid stay on the farm and work 16 hours a  day when he could go to a factory, work half the time and make twice the money.  if you could get to college, you could make even more. 

both Stalin and Mao killed many millions of people dragging them from the farms to the factories. 

to the subject:  periods of warming have historically been periods of great growth in innovation, arts, health, etc.   periods of cold have been the opposite.  if i got a vote, i'd vote for a little warming, not cooling.  heck, we could get a whole new (to us) continent out of it! 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »

Victoria, Australia has just finished recognising the anniversary of the bushfires in Febrary 2009, known here as Black Saturday when temperatures reached 46 degrees C. The last two summers in this area have not reached 40 degrees and it is now late summer and I believe this year as yet has not passed 38.
     The question I always ask is at what stage of a cycle are we at. Just hope I'm around to see the start of the next Ice Age !!!.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 07:00:14 PM »

Now Geoff,
Don't be telling your story too loud. The flavor of the day is this video below. SOMETHING IS WRONG! WRONG I TELL YOU! is all over the net. Seems a flower or a flying bees in St Louis is something to get all worked up about. Polar shifts, USDA planting chart changes, flying bees in February....the climate change crowd is wiping off their jeans as we speak as they slide in the movie "2012" for another viewing.

If you watch the video I posted at the start of this thread, NASA indicates we are actually at the start of a cooling trend.  Wink

http://sincedutch.wordpress.com/2012/02/18/2172012-honey-bees-and-flowers-in-winter-something-is-very-wrong-st-louis-missouri/

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next