Thanks for all the input, I might bee on the right track and I have some decisions after some pondering while watching my other hives today.
Ok good the gable roof design will provide a good air space above the bars, and look nice too. The vent hole in the peak was to vent the hot air above the bars, which as I understand [the bars] close off the hive from the above air space. So I 'think' I am ok there with the one hole (will be the experiment part) and hopefully will not interrupt their ventilation activity down below the bars.
Since I cannot move the stump, I have decided to put a shade structure up south of the intended spot. I will initially block it with something like painted plywood, or tin on the hive side, and lattice on the sun side. I intend to transplant some honeysuckle on the sun side and let it go crazy on the lattice until it blocks most or all of the sunshine on that side (2-3 seasons, really it goes crazy when watered), then remove the plywood or tin leaving only the honeysuckle covered lattice, killing two birds with one stone being shade and flowers for the bees, and it will look nice and smell wonderful too.
I do attempt to make my inspections in the morning after milking the goats which puts me at about 9:30am and think that is pretty good. This new apiary is much closer to the house so I can hit it with no problems as a daily task as I understand the management need is higher than Langstroth hives.
And legs were only if I could not figure out some way to keep them shaded so I can nix those now as well. Good! One less thing as Forrest Gump says.
About the screened bottoms...hmm, still up in the air. At the moment I haven't finished putting on the screen yet as I keep punching through the material with my crown stapler. Talking with ronwhite I may have solved that issue and can progress. I did plan to have a board I can install for the winter. I am still not sure what would bee best for them although it seems I have some yea and some nay for the screens. On my langs I use the screened bottom as a mite control system and am looking into a screened top as well for those due to heat issues so I think I might go with the screened bottom on the TBH and see how it goes following the same thought process.
Oh and I do have a big 55G blue barrel waiting outside the shop which I intend to make a 2 honey cows from too (I saw that site)! I love those barrels! I have an aquaponics setup I get copious amounts of tomatoes from yearly that was made from 2 of those barrels. Sooner or later I would love to raise Tilapia, but for now it runs on feeder gold fish.
Well that mostly settles it then, thanks a bunch for the info! I will bee taking pictures once they are all painted and pretty and I'm almost sure I can post pics already, and will. Thanks again!