Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 21, 2014, 06:29:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: English Mastiff owners!  (Read 4519 times)
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 03:02:59 PM »

he loved the pool.everyday he would be in it.     

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Fine looking dog you had.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Shawn
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 03:25:43 PM »

schawee: I look at your pictures and laugh. I can imagine walking by a house, looking at their pool, and then see a huge dog floating by with a big simle  grin. Good looking dog you had. Looks like he had a great life.

Shawn
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 04:44:02 PM »

Ok now I need help. The pup seems to think biting is ok. I have tried a spray bottle, tried being very firm, tried a rolled up piece of paper, tried grabbing her mouth and holding it. The grabbing the mouth has worked with all my labs. I cant get it across to her not to bite. When the kids come home the first thing she does is goes and botes their legs and feet. Any ideas?
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:21 PM »

Every time she tries to bite stick your thumb into her mouth under her tongue and press down (pinch) . She can't close her mouth that way and will tire of trying it.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
sawdstmakr
Super Bee

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »

Does she act like an alpha dog? If so, the first thing you need to do is let her know you are the alpha. One way is pinning her down, with out hurting her, until she submits. Another way is to put her on a leash and keep her under strict control with you all day. I did this with my daughters pup. She was wild as can be and would not listen to any one. With in a couple of hours she calmed and has been a good dog ever since. He also had a bad chew problem. She stayed with us this weekend. Used to keep her in a cage when we were not watching her. I left her out the whole time even all night.
Jim
Shawn
Queen Bee

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »

Thanks for the ideas. Funny thing, I tried grabbing her scruff and pulling but there is so much skin she is trying to grow into that it looks like Im pulling but her body never moves. Anyways, she knows who is the boss and she is already reading me when im not in such a good mood. Ill try the thumb under the tongue, I think it is the same as just grabbing her jaw while she trys to bite. I started a thing with the kids and wife, if the dogs starts to bite or get ruff give her a toy and ignore her. When she calms down they are to pet her and cuddle a bit.
Shawn
Queen Bee

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 04:25:27 PM »

Well took the dog to the vet for her third set of shots. She gained 12 lbs in three weeks. I think this might be a little under weight so Im going to pickup the feeding by a couple more cups a day.She is about 3 months old and weighs 24 lbs.
Shawn
Queen Bee

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 02:46:45 PM »

Thought I would post an updated phto of Diva. 4 months old and 45 lbs.

Riggs
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 03:13:53 PM »

What a beautiful dog, looks like she still has alot of growing to to.

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. ~
Ernest Hemingway
SUMO1
New Bee

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 03:12:19 PM »

WOULD LIKE TO REOPEN THIS SUBJECT FOR DISCUSSION. I AM A NEW OWNER OF A ONE YR OLD MASTIFF. I WOULD LIKE SOME INFO AND ADVICE FROM OTHERS WHO HAVE A AN ENGLISH MASTIFF. WE HAVE WHAT IS CALLED A FLUFFY MASTIFF. ACCORDING TO THE BREEDER, THEY ARE SHY UNTIL AFTER 1 AND 1/2 YEARS. WELL HE IS STILL SCARED OF EVERYTHING AND KEEPS HURTING HIMSELF TO TRY TO MAKE MAD DASHES OUT OF THE WAY. HE TRUSTS ONLY A FEW PEOPLE, MY SON, MYSELF AND MY MOTHER. HOWEVER STAYS COMPLETELY AWAY FROM MY HUSBAND. WE ARE TRYING SO HARD TO EARN HIS TRUST. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next