Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 09:50:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kinect? report from traction  (Read 2630 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: February 07, 2012, 12:27:53 PM »

anyone have one.  like it or not?  best games?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:13:11 PM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
jmblakeney
House Bee

James

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »

I was a beta tester for it.  I don't like it for regular games.  Just doesn't feel right for some reason to me.  However with that being said I do like some of the sports that are out for it.  Kinect Sports is fun with a group of friends or by yourself football, soccer, bowling, and volleyball are a few of the fun ones.  Kinect is also good for the workout/dance type of games.

All in all I don't know if I would give the $200 that they are charging for them.  It just isn't worth that much to me.  This is just my opinion only others may disagree.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:05:57 PM by jmblakeney » Logged

"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »

99 bucks on newegg today.  i suspect they make most of their money on the games.  that's what ebay if for!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Francus
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »

I think it is overpriced so I don't have it. My wife's friend has one and enjoys the dancing games. I'm not into that. As for fun games without kinect, I like Skyrim and Fallout.

"...but Sweetie, it's basically just an Ant Farm for adults...."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 03:34:59 PM »

fallout is great.  have not tried skyrim yet.  by the time i get around to playing games they have been out awhile.  the + is that i can pick them up on ebay for a fraction of the original coast!

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 10:15:59 PM »

went and got it because it was marked down so much.  have been playing with it for the PM.  i work out.  bike, treadmill, weights, + the work around here.

i hurt.

i think this will be a good addition to my workouts.....as long as no one is watching  grin  not sure i like those random pics with the "cute" captions!

also tried one of the dance demo games.  now i remember why i don't dance.  also reminds me of why i had such a hard time finding my left when we marched  shocked

Alexis de Tocqueville
jmblakeney
House Bee

James

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:43:31 PM »

not sure i like those random pics with the "cute" captions!

Be sure and upload some of those action shots on here. grin

Those are some of the most embarassing photos.

"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan
Javin
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 11:10:50 AM »

Once upon a time I did a "review" of sorts about the kinect:  http://www.godihatepeople.com/index.php/archives/8-xbox-kinect-is-a-steaming-pile-of-poo
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »

the games it came with are kind of hokey.  i have dumped netflix home delivery for gamefly.  i refuse to spend 60 bucks on a game and then find out i don't like it...or finish it and never play it again.  i used to buy them on ebay when the got down to the 20 dollar range...but again, i end up with a pile of games that don't get played again.

when i got gamefly, i looked at the kinect stuff.  the workout programs are great.  have not tried any of the other things for it yet.  i noticed a huge improvement in software from 2010 to now.  your review is right about hardware.

to be honest, i don't play much of anything in the summer.  our winters are so long and nasty that games are a good way to pass some time on gloomy days.  when i get board with games from gamefly, i'll reactivate my WOW account   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
Javin
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »

I doubt I'll ever get back into WoW.  I'm not much into PVP, and the PVE is pretty repetitive.  SWTOR was semi-decent (I liked the storyline aspect) until you get to the end-game.  Its endgame is just flat weak.

And yet, I seem to be able to play Mario Kart Wii endlessly... Dunno what's wrong with me.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »

i'm old and easily entertained  grin  i play games on easy mode and skip the frustration of frequent death!

i like WOW because i can walk away from it for months then pick it back up when i have time. 

haven't tried star wars yet, but my son has encouraged me to take a crack at it.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next