Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 03, 2014, 01:06:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming info  (Read 2255 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: February 03, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »

Here is an interesting read from NASA about global warming.

http://www.apinews.com/en/component/k2/item/17287

Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »

This sounds like heresy!  Burn them at the stake!  We can’t have real data refuting people’s opinions.

It will take a long battle to convince some climate scientists that the sun is important.
Isn’t that the truth.  

When the furnace goes off, it doesn’t matter how much CO2 you have  Wink
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 11:44:13 PM »

Mother Nature is FEMALE; just when you think you figured her out...  need help

Live long and prosper!
jmblakeney
House Bee

James

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 12:19:39 AM »

I thought Al did have her all figured out.    grin pop

"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 08:42:06 AM »

When explaining the ice sheets and mass flooding to my son, I say all this has happened before and all this will happen again.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 12:08:43 AM »

Bitterly cold in Eastern Europe.  The Arctic Ocean at Nome, Alaska this January froze solid for 1/2 a mile or more off shore.  This has never been recorded in the history of the 49th state. Record cold in Fairbanks.  Ok, so its not been that cold up to now in the lower 48 but it's supposed to be GLOBAL WARMING, not local warming, gee.
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 11:39:26 PM »

EASY THERE BJORNBEE....
we mustn't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Old Blue
Hyper taxed to inifinity and beyond in...
Kali-bone-ya
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 11:35:50 AM »

Bitterly cold in Eastern Europe.  The Arctic Ocean at Nome, Alaska this January froze solid for 1/2 a mile or more off shore.  This has never been recorded in the history of the 49th state. Record cold in Fairbanks.  Ok, so its not been that cold up to now in the lower 48 but it's supposed to be GLOBAL WARMING, not local warming, gee.

Northern Wisconsin has just experienced its warmest winter ever recorded, to that I can concur.

But..... the vast majority of climate scientists have been calling it 'climate change' for over a decade now. 

Its certain sections of the media (?) that continue to call it global warming when convenient, mostly for political reasons. 

That said, the globe is in fact warming as well, which likely has much to do w/ climate change.  It is cyclical no doubt, but moving at a pace never recorded before.

Thanks for the post.

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 12:03:35 PM »

It will take a long battle to convince some climate scientists that the sun is important.

Isn’t that the truth.  

Only when there is no more money to be made......  Wink

Some have already seen the writing on the wall. Global warming (or climate change) is yesterdays coffer filling mechanism. Some are jumping ship and are siding with biotech mega-companies to control the world's food supply. That is where the big money will be in the near future.  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »

And don't forget about WATER. 

Those w/ the dollars (and the apparent right  rolleyes ) have been secretly 'buying' up water rights (on the cheap as is usual) along w/ vast tracks of  (mostly third world) land that has ample, not yet polluted water.  The Bush family is heavily invested in these water schemes, along w/ other famous and not so famous names charged with planning our collective futures.

The motive being "that once there is no more available potable water" (once we the people have allowed its monopoly of "self-Appropriated" polluters to take over fully, people will pay almost anything for a drink.  We've gradually been indoctrinated to accept this inevitable future already, haven't we?  Be honest now, this ain't about politics  Wink 

The coming water wars (they've already begun) will make our current wars over fossil fuels a cakewalk in comparison.  The current melting of the Himalayan glacier system will soon (current estimates are w/in 50 years) have HALF the worlds population literally dieing of thirst.

t

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 12:23:28 AM »

... Global warming (or climate change) is yesterdays coffer filling mechanism. Some are jumping ship and are siding with biotech mega-companies to control the world's food supply. That is where the big money will be in the near future...

BjornBee, we both know there is no money in good news.  That is why Bill Clinton regretted that 911 did not happen on his watch, or the current President not letting a good crises go to waste.  The big money is where Former President Dwight David Eisenhower said it is.  It is in solving problems, and the bigger you can make the problem appear the more you can charge to solve it, and the less chance the government contractor has of failing.  Read the following.  

…. “In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist…” ---President Dwight D. Eisenhower

In the next paragraphs President Eisenhower went on to warn us of other dangers….
“…Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity.

For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers. The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific technological elite.”---D. D. Eisenhower

There you have it, for every danger that the military industrial complex poses, there is an equal and opposite danger of the government enslaving us as the captives of  “a scientific technological elite.”  

The real money will be made by those who study the dangers posed by GMOs and who keep beating the GMO war drum to alert their government pay masters to the problem.  After all a patten is only good for twenty years, but fear goes on forever.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:33:37 AM by kingbee » Logged
sawdstmakr
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 04:37:39 AM »

If the world was warming up, then Florida and other coastal/low lying areas would be under water. The oceans have not raised one inch.
Jim
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 05:34:32 AM »

drowning  Yeah right, tell it to some of the worlds Island Nations.  Or even just a bit North of Jacksonville.  Ask those living in coastal Virginia or the Carolina's whether the Oceans are rising.  

Some of you folks subscribe to Conspiracy National, heh?  grin or just live in a cave somewhere  rolleyes

Man, I miss IKE, the last President to have the guts to "PAY" for war w/ a tax on the war profiteers, and a Republican too.  He'd likely be labled a liberal by todays conservatives.

thomas

cbuchh48
New Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 07:53:34 AM »

If the world was warming up, then Florida and other coastal/low lying areas would be under water. The oceans have not raised one inch.
Jim

I lived on a tidal river in Bay St. Louis, MS. (you know, the town that was wiped out by Katrina) for eight years and I can tell you for a fact the water was rising every year. Or maybe the ground was sinking?
cbuchh48
New Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 07:55:58 AM »

drowning  Yeah right, tell it to some of the worlds Island Nations.  Or even just a bit North of Jacksonville.  Ask those living in coastal Virginia or the Carolina's whether the Oceans are rising.  

Some of you folks subscribe to Conspiracy National, heh?  grin or just live in a cave somewhere  rolleyes

Man, I miss IKE, the last President to have the guts to "PAY" for war w/ a tax on the war profiteers, and a Republican too.  He'd likely be labled a liberal by todays conservatives.

thomas

The almight ReGun would be too liberal today.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »

Jim

I agree.

Ice melts back one place, build up in another. Land rises in one area, and falls in another. I think New Orleans has sunk many inches over the years. But funny how you only hear the places they want you to hear about.

Globally, the earth has not warmed since 2007 according to NASA. Hardly even close to what most researchers and nuts like Gore have been saying for twenty years now. But it easy for some to look at their own backyard, then assume every place on earth must be the same.  rolleyes  I think they (NASA) are also spot on in stating it will take years for some to get over this great lie called global warming....or climate change.

It's like a investment store front operation taking folks money for a period of time in a ponzi scheme. And then one day having the business owner (Named Al) take all the millions, and closes up shop. Then for the next year, all the investors, come along every morning to stand in front of the closed up store, while still carrying their signs showing support for the business. No matter how many folks drive by and tell them that the business is gone and not coming back, they continue to show up every morning. They come because what they invested in, must of been true. The paperwork they still carry, looks good, even though it was made up. And so, folks continue to drive by. But now they laugh. But this just hardens those standing outside the boarded up business. "We will show them! We know that these papers are good. Al said so! He will be back. We know we were right!"

Yes....for some, they will stand there for years.  rolleyes
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:28:30 AM by BjornBee » Logged

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 08:51:26 AM »

Hm mm.  Got Denigration?

t

BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 09:07:47 AM »

Hm mm.  Got Denigration?

t

Oh stop the crying. Everytime I say something close to home, I have folks whining for my removal or coming back with denigration comments.

What did you say about "some of you folks" living in a cave? What was that about general assumptions of "Conspiracy National"?

We all make comments in broad terms and statements. I was talking about about a movement. A group of people. You want to make it personal. Then go ahead.

Line forms to the left!  Wink

Hopefully the mods and John are a bit wiser in seeing how this all works. Anybody else could of said what I said, or even worse, and nobody would of blinked an eye.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 10:50:03 AM »

cheer  Aw C'mon Bjornbee;  Don't forget that it takes one to know one  grin  I thought you'd find it amusing to be honest. 

Guess I forgot all about that 'shoe on the other foot' thing  Wink 

(no one ever accuses you of crying, do they?)

t

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 09:00:13 PM »

Northern Wisconsin has just experienced its warmest winter ever recorded, to that I can concur... It is cyclical no doubt, but moving at a pace never recorded before...

Your making remarkable progress T Beek Wink  grin.  Keep up the good work.  I'm proud of you.

This is not scientific  but it is a  reprensation over time of the all time record high and the all time record low in the state of Wisconsin.

Record high temperature:   114 degrees F.  July 13th 1936 @ Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin                                       

Record low temperature:     Minus 55 degrees F.  February 4th 1996 @ Couderay, Wisconsin   

The record high was 76 years ago and the record low was only 16 years ago, but like I said, this isn't scientific, it just looks that way.                                   
Less someone think that this high temperature is a bookeeping mistake, many many record high temperatures occurred all over the United States in 1936.
http://www.netstate.com/states/geography/wi_geography.htm
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next