Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 01:08:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doris's bees...Video added  (Read 1604 times)
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« on: February 02, 2012, 12:23:41 AM »

Doris's bees.wmv

Scott
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:57:04 AM by hardwood » Logged

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
oblib
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:32:13 AM »

good job
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:15:47 PM by oblib » Logged
hardwood
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 12:33:56 AM »

Dang! Youtube has foiled me again...GRRRR. I'll have to try to upload again in the morning...sorry 'bout that y'all.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
D Semple
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »

Great job Scot & Peg, your perseverance paid off.

Thanks for posting up the video, can't wait for our cutout season to start in April.

Don
Rex "Hawk" Smith
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 12:11:15 PM »

Good work & good video!

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:52:06 PM »

Good video, thanks for posting.
schawee
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 09:18:02 PM »

good catch on the queen scott.

BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP
JackM
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 08:50:17 AM »

Thanks for the tip about smoking where you got stung.  Never considered that.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
Scott_Derrick
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »

Thanks for posting the video. Enjoyed it!
yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »

Greeeeat video!
Dave360
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to video
love to watch these

Dave
hardwood
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »

I'm glad ya'll liked it! Schawee, I grabbed the queen but when I opened my hand to show the owner she flew. I snatched her out of the air as she flew circles around my head. Then the owner's friend wanted a picture so I opened up again and this time she flew off over the roof Cry

Luckily she flew back to the cluster and this time Peggy grabbed her and we put her straight into the vac box (didn't have any queen catchers or cages with us).

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 01:21:42 PM »

I'm glad ya'll liked it! Schawee, I grabbed the queen but when I opened my hand to show the owner she flew. I snatched her out of the air as she flew circles around my head. Then the owner's friend wanted a picture so I opened up again and this time she flew off over the roof Cry

Luckily she flew back to the cluster and this time Peggy grabbed her and we put her straight into the vac box (didn't have any queen catchers or cages with us).

Scott

lau lau lau lau

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »

That one looked like a lot of fun. This one is proof positive you have to have patience & perseverance to do a proper job. Those who want to be in and out in two hours should find other work.  grin

That one reminded me of the one Schawee & I did in the diesel engine where she flew off about 75' away.

Great job you two & BTW loved the footage as you were filming down in the cavity. Kinda looked like an esophagus lined with bees!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
greenbtree
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 10:35:28 AM »

"an esophagus lined with bees"  Now THERE'S an image that will help me sleep at night!  Thanks JP! grin

JC

"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »

"an esophagus lined with bees"  Now THERE'S an image that will help me sleep at night!  Thanks JP! grin

JC

Nothing wrong with a lil horror flick now and again to get the blood boiling right?  grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 12:03:38 PM »

Scott, do you and peg go in and evaluate the temperament of the bees first before you stat the removal ? I ask because of concern about not knowing if they are Africans or not. Nice footage and good catch with a mid air grab.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »

Sparky, we always walk around them and pick a few up before we start but almost all the one's we run across (even the one's we've tested positive for AHB genes) were docile in the beginning. As we get more and more into it their attitude may or may not change.

These bees were very gentle...not a single sting that wasn't my fault!

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 04:03:50 AM »

That is one of the best removal videos I have seen to date.  The queen find/catch was excellent.  Great work you two!!

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
Country Heart
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »

I always feel like I've attended a master bee class when I watch your videos.  Great job! 
Thanks for the excellent lesson.   Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next