Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 03:14:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Veil, Hooded Jacket, Or?  (Read 902 times)
BabcockFarms
House Bee

« on: January 24, 2012, 10:51:59 PM »

Ok, shields up.

I am one not to beat around the bush, I have a large head. When I look at head ware that says one size fits most, guess what, my head evidently is larger than most.

I am looking to purchase protective gear and would like to know what would be the best option for a guy with a larger than average noggin. For those of you who are not familiar with Big Head Todd and the Monsters, they are a rock band from Colorado, a place where I was born, raised, and lived until about 8 years ago. An awesome band, however I have a larger head than Big Head Todd. Ok so Big Head Todd is just a stage name as he only wears a size 7 3/8 hat, not big by any means. I digress; I do have a larger head than the average guy. Some ware closer to a size 8 hat. So what do you think I should purchase. I am afraid that if I purchase a conventional plastic hat and veil I will have an uncomfortable fit.

I know I will probably receive a lot of flack but I don’t want to purchase something that I will be unsatisfied with. As I am just getting started, and at this point this spring will be my first dance, I am trying to be frugal with my funds I have allocated towards this new endeavor.
As always, I appreciate the knowledge of this collective.

Ron

Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 11:55:06 AM »

I wear a 7 3/4 hat so I feel your pain. I use the English hoods on my suit and jacket and they are both fine. The helmet/veil combos are a little more roomy though.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »

helmet and veil are probably good for your home hive use.  when i started doing cutouts and swarm captures, i found i needed a little more protection.  i like the jacket and hood. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »

I always like the hood better.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
BabcockFarms
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:31:43 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I think I will order one with a hood.

Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next