Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 27, 2014, 01:01:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who wins S.C.?  (Read 1264 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: January 21, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »

It may be a little late with only two hours left till the polls close. But anyone have a guess as to who will win?

Who are you hoping for?

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »

i'm thinking Newt.  don't really care.  by the time we have our primary, the deal is done.  my preference from what i knew of the man, was Perry. he might not be much of a debtor, but he seems to be a good leader.  that's a lot more important to me.

besides, i'd almost be willing to put money on there not being any debates between Obama and whomever.  maybe one....
we know that Obama can't speak with out TOTUS.  makes me wonder if he wasn't getting a little electronic coaching for those "brilliant" debates of the last election?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:59:08 PM »

Yeah, I agree. The whole idea that a couple states will determine who wins is a joke. Politicians I once respected were calling for people to unite after only two state votes as they seemed to think that going any further would be detrimental. What is detrimental is taking away the desire of those in the other 48 states to be involved. I heard the same crap whether it was from mainstream media or republicans.

I wasn't happy last year, and I am not happy this year with the offering. I keep saying to myself that this can't possibly be the best that the republicans have to offer. But then I look at Obama, and realize that the other side is far worse.

I can't stand Mitt. I actually like Newt but understand how some have issues with his past, and this makes me wonder how this would pan out in the general election.

I don't think for many they will vote due to liking the republican candidate. They will vote due to their dislike of Obama. For once, I would like to think that the republicans had a good candidate instead of voting for the lesser of two evils.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 06:02:31 PM »

Hey, you don't think the election is rigged for Obama to win do you? Afterall, the republican is getting votes from 50 states in the general election, while Obama is getting votes from 57!  grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 06:03:47 PM »

i expect plenty of underhanded stuff.  there was enough last time.  since the DOJ is in the tank for Obama, his camp can run pretty free, i think.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »

i expect plenty of underhanded stuff.  there was enough last time.  since the DOJ is in the tank for Obama, his camp can run pretty free, i think.

Ya think!  Wink

Around here, if your white, you probably already know to send in an absentee ballot, and pray someone looks at it. We have been dealing with bands of Black Panthers, patrolling voting locations carrying clubs and night sticks for a few years now. Since Obama and his joker Holder, will not prosecute a black person, you better believe this has sent a green light to these groups.

Of course if not for the video to show what happened last time, there would still be those saying there could not possible be this stuff going on. But it is.

Make up "racist" stuff about tea party, with not one frame of video to go along with it. While saying that voters are not being intimidated by black panthers is all caught on tape. Oh how things are seen by those that get tingly goosebumps up their legs as the "messiah" speaks...make that "reads" off the prompter.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 07:07:25 PM »

So far, I'm still hoping for a "none of the above" block on the ballot. The last time I voted "for" a candidate and not "against" the other, was in 1968.

Those who know my name know who I voted for then.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 09:58:26 PM »

good lord!

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 11:06:38 PM »

Uh-Oh.... Kathy knows my name.  grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 12:37:27 AM »

The last time I voted "for" a candidate and not "against" the other, was in 1968.

Lyndon B Johnson?
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »

LBJ - went back to Texas and refused to run.
If Wallace had stayed out, H.H.H. would have beaten Tricky Dick!
Of course IF; Sirhan Sirhan hadn't kill Bobby Kennedy...

" If, If, If, ...If the dog hadn't stopped to crap, he might have caught the rabbit."

Live long and prosper!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 10:34:44 AM »

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/new-documents-show-department-of-justice-coordination-with-acorn-connected-project-vote/?utm_source=EmailDirect.com&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Jan+20%2c+2012+Campaign

so you have ACORN activists, former head of La Raza, and the DOJ which is working hard to make sure that the states have no way to verify legitimacy of voters, working together illegally.  and you wonder why i think it's likely that Obama will be "reelected"? 

isn't it interesting that when real crimes are before us, we choose not to see.  so much more fun to wallow in our own crap in a public park.  maybe we need our own Chavez? a little dictatorship might wake us up?  if, in the future, we can take our freedom back, we deserve it.  if we can't, we have thrown away our legacy and we deserve that too.

book rec: (sorry TBeek, but don't stroke out.  it's only a suggestion)

Adolf Hitler by John Toland.  it's long and detailed but i think it's the best writing on Hitler and Germany that i have ever read.
when you get to the 1920's part when Hitler begins to be an activist, you begin to see the US, now.
 Germany didn't elect a dictator.  Germany elected a community activist who slowly took power and did things like kill (bad) citizens while the people shrugged and enjoyed the stimulative effects of government programs.

i don't want to give away the ending.  i'll leave the rec at that.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 10:39:17 AM »

wait!!  i know someone is winding up to be hysterical that i compared Obama to Hitler.  i am comparing the CONDITIONS IN GERMANY to the conditions here which allowed a dictator to be elected.

besides, if i were, i'd be in company with all those who compared Bush to Hitler.....proving once again the excellence of the American public school systems.

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »

""If Wallace had stayed out, H.H.H. would have beaten Tricky Dick!""

If Wallace would have stayed out, I would have voted for Nixon. I expect many more would have, also.

Can't compare Obummer to Hitler. Hitler did a few good things amongst all the terrible ones.

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 01:51:19 PM »

no, you can't compare the end actions of Obama and Hitler.  you can compare the beginning actions that allowed Hitler to become a dictator and the people to willingly/blindly go along with it.  it was a process.  he was not elected dictator.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next