Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 29, 2014, 02:46:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring ???  (Read 1054 times)
JackM
Field Bee

« on: January 19, 2012, 08:21:38 AM »

Who else is ready for spring?  Last summer was more like spring, maybe we will get a summer this year.  I am so ready for warm sunny hot day or two.  Then it can go back to 72 and sunny.  I am so white I make a white sheet look gray. 

Ah the trials of living in the Pacific Northwest.  Snow sucks the big one here.

Spring, I want SPRING!

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
oblib
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 08:37:27 AM »

I'm ready for spring too. BTW I spent three years in Bremerton when I was in the Navy. I can't say I miss that pacific northwest weather.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 12:03:44 PM »

ah, Bremerton.  fond memories of living in the old temp housing! 

jack, i'd rather have the snow than this rain.  this sucks.   it's running down the hill in rivers.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 08:10:59 PM »

Snow and single digits here.  I hope my bees appreciate all that foam insulation I gave them grin

Spring is still a LONG ways off, unfortunately.
Dave360
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:42:29 PM »

72 today
65 tomorrow

we could use a little winter here but I think spring is on the way we have dandelions and hensbit blooming
bees bringing pollen 

David
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:21:01 PM »

It's only gonna bee in the low 80s here this weekend...BRRR!   grin

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 12:20:49 AM »

basement flooded.  been running the pump all day.  good thing i found it when i did!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »

Bud  and yourself must be wearing shirts all day long Scott !!!!!

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 03:36:32 PM »

It's only gonna bee in the low 80s here this weekend...BRRR!   grin

Scott

Lol...time to bring out the jackets and sweat shirts eh Scott?
JackM
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »

basement flooded.  been running the pump all day.  good thing i found it when i did!!

Oh No!  I have to worry about trees falling and landslide, no flooding concerns.  Sorry, I prefer the rain to the snow.  Snow here sucks the big one.  I have lived in Alaska, South Dakota, Arizona Mountains, and West Slope of Colorado.  I know snow.  I prefer any of those others to snow here.  Folks here are bizarre in the snow and I won't even exit the house.  Then there is the ice....bringing down trees and wires....remember I live at the mouth of the gorge and get that dang wind to boot. 

And we never really had a summer last year.  Guess we won't have to worry about drought this summer now.  10 inches of rain.  Lotta rain.

Wonder how Alicia is doing up North, have not noticed if she has been posting.  They really got hammered up there, the flooding hasn't even begun up there yet.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 05:40:14 PM »

don't know that she's posted since the weather.  i know my husband had to go to bremerton this weekend.  was supposed to go on Thursday, but had to put it off until friday.  even then, I5 was closed with power lines across. 

that snow would have been ok if it had been dry.   it was so wet and heavy, then all the rain on top of it.  what a mess!

Alexis de Tocqueville
JackM
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 08:04:46 AM »

Well it has to be colder to get a dry snow.  There sure was a lot of water in it.  I have a friend up Tenino way and still have not heard from him.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next