Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 04:40:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul predictions from 10 years ago.  (Read 1449 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: January 18, 2012, 07:20:26 PM »

Interesting to see how close he was on his predictions.

Ron Paul - Predictions in Due Time (Original)

Not an endorsement. Just an interesting video.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
specialkayme
Field Bee

Location: Central NC - (somewhere either in Raleigh, Greensboro, or inbetween)

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:14:04 AM »

shocking
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:40:15 PM »

The same predictions will probably be apropos 10 years, or 20 years from now as well.  Not a big surprise.  Middle East = conflict, always has, always will.  As long as we need their oil, we will be involved in their messes too.  You can mark me down for that prediction. 

Paul was wrong about inflation though.  At the peak of the banking crisis I also listened to the doomsday idiots (Wall Streeter analysts, not Paul) saying our inflation was going to make Zimbabwean dollar look like a new gold standard.  I learned the hard way it’s not wise to bet against the dollar when the world runs on dollars.  The FED was right and Paul was wrong on this subject.  Fed says we’re deflating not inflating.   Maybe Paul needs to listen to the FED more?
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »

Cite your work saying the "Fed says we’re deflating not inflating." please.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »

Wow, you haven't heard that Allen?  I will have to find a link.  They have said that for years.  Wages are flat to decreasing, real estate is descreasing, many food stuffs are flat to decreasing, many things are deflating sans Oil and medical costs.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 07:59:05 PM »

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/inflation-cpi  A dip in 09.   Everything else is up.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »

All I know is the cost of my household monthly expenses and the cost of running my business is no where near flat to decreasing.

I think this is what they call "fuzzy math".

Someone is watching MSNBC just a bit too much.  grin

Of course no matter the history, the old saying "Repeat it enough and someone will believe it" still holds true today.  rolleyes

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 09:40:23 PM »

This doesn’t sound like Zimbabwe to me….

“Fear of deflation was one of the main justifications the Fed’s chairman, Ben S Bernanke, advanced for the decision in November to pump $600 billion into the banking system, a resumption of a strategy to spur the recovery by buying government securities to hold down long-term rates. “  NY Times piece Jan 4, 2011.  http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/05/business/economy/05fomc.html

Would the FED be buying up $600 billion in debt (QE2) if were in hyperinflation as Ron Paul feared?  Printing money generates inflation.  The fed WANTS inflation.  http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/03/news/economy/fed_decision/index.htm

BTW… I don’t get my financial info from MSNBC, just my political insights from Rachel Maddow.

(OK…correction to my earlier post.  FED didn’t say WERE deflating, they’ve just been obsessed that we might.  We are inflating, but just barely)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »

"" FED didn’t say WERE deflating, they’ve just been obsessed that we might.""

Or they may use that lie to justify giving their buddies 600 billion to party on. Like paying 100 million dollar bonuses to the top dogs.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 02:07:26 AM »

... Paul was wrong about inflation...  At the peak of the banking crisis I ...listened to the doomsday Wall Streeter analysts... saying our inflation was going to make Zimbabwean dollar look like a new gold standard... Fed says we’re deflating not inflating...

Last week the FED said that home prices are down 30% across the board.  That sounds more like a depression not a recession or stagflation.  It took the German Empire and Weimar Republic combined 8 years to reach the level of inflation that Zimbabwe achieved in a couple of decades.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 02:42:29 AM »

You’re right Kingbee, housing is more like a depression.  Prices are going DOWN not UP.  That is the definition of Deflation.  The fed fears deflation more than anything because you can’t eat away at the nations debts if your money is deflating.  The fed will (and has) been doing everything in their power to prevent the dollar from deflating and prices from dropping even more. 

They have bought over 3 trillion dollars of our bonds and put them on their “balance sheet” in an effort to prevent the dollar from deflating.  That’s a fancy way of saying they have erased 3 trillion dollars of government debt.  Taken a pencil and ERASED it!  Once those bonds go on the Feds balance sheet, any reasonable person knows they will never be removed, and hence the fed has erased more debt than Congress ever will.  And coo coo bird Ron Paul wants to get rid of the Fed?  That makes NO sense! The Fed is the only body in Washington that actually does anything.

The Feds new mission according to Big Ben is to fix the housing market.  How do you do that?   You INFLATE the dollar so that your $150K homes jump back up in value to $300K or $400K.  People feel richer again because they’re sitting on a lot of equity.  They then start borrowing from that equity again and spending.  Consumer spending is 2/3 of GDP.  The economy rebounds and the whole cycle starts over again. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next