Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 23, 2014, 04:51:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Press 3  (Read 1539 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: January 06, 2012, 07:48:19 PM »

Press 3 for Arabic….

ÇáÇĘŐÇá ÇáĺÇĘÝí 3

THE CAMEL'S NOSE IS OFFICIALLY IN THE TENT IN MICHIGAN!!!
Muslim men are allowed to have as many as 4 wives. Many Muslims have immigrated into the U.S. And brought their 2-3-or 4 wives with them, but the U.S. Does not allow multi marriages, so the man lists one wife as his, and signs the other 2 or 3 up as extended family on welfare and other free Government programs!
Michigan has the highest population of Muslims in the Unites States.

So now in Michigan when you call the Public Assistance office you are told to “Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Spanish, or Press 3 for Arabic”! Here is the number 1-888-678-8914

Every time you add a new language to an American program it requires an additional number of persons fluent in that language to process those persons who refuse to learn English in order to live here at an additional cost to the taxpayer! Why are we even allowing persons to immigrate here who cannot provide for themselves, and putting them in our welfare system?

Press 3 for Arabic. This is quite alarming!!! This seems to have happened clandestinely, for, as far as I know, no public announcement, or opportunity to vote on this was offered to the American people. They're just adopting an official stance, and very likely using tax-payer money for it, in various capacities, without public knowledge or approval.

The following link takes you into the State of Michigan Public Assistance page, (as in Food Stamps etc.). You won't have to scroll far before you see the assistance-letters options for...(get this).....English, Spanish, and ARABIC !!!

When did the ARABIC option sneak into our culture? Will we soon have to listen to our governmental offices, stores, and other venues offer us the option of "pressing 3 for ARABIC?"
Check it out for yourself. Click on this link and see.

http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0%2c1607%2c7-124-5453_5527---%2c00.html<http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0%2c1607%2c7-124-5453_5527---%2c00.html>

Please inform every red-blooded American you know, that this is happening. It is outrageous! The camel's nose is literally now OFFICIALLY under the tent! YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK!!
I went to the website for them in the link above and sure enough, on the right side of the page, there is an application for food assistance PDF file in English, Spanish and Arabic! I opened the file to see for myself and it’s there all right. Have we gone completely nuts!!?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »

pop    on this post now.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 08:58:40 PM »

You know you’re right iddee, we should probably save ourselves a little money and get rid of the Spanish language assistance line grin  We have very few Spanish or Latin American people up here.

My experiences with our fellow AMERICANS in Michigan that have emigrated here LEGALLY from the Middle East have found them as a whole to be very industrious lot.  Being very industrious means most are working, not collecting welfare.  Many of our “red blooded Americans” could learn some good work ethics from these new immigrants.  Many of these immigrants have come from Christian Lebanon.  Many are in fact more similar to the rest of us than you probably imagine.  You do know that there are MANY Arabic speaking Christians in Lebanon right?

Have we gone completely nuts!!?
Yes, when we opened the southern gates to as many ILLEGAL immigrates as can swim across the Rio Grande.  Rule of law was abandoned.  No, when immigrants come into the country LEGALLY; be it from Lebanon, Germany, Ireland, or England.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »

Are they industrious enough to learn English?

And I agree with you on the southern border bit.

Now get up off the floor, you didn't have to pass out just because I agreed with you.   rolleyes   grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 09:54:14 AM »

Nobody has brought up sharia law that they are trying to get passed in parts up there yet. 
Or the fact that if you were buying bacon, you had to go through certain non muslin lanes at the grocery store so you can check out. 

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 02:25:07 PM »

blue, i don't think anyone has a problem with people coming here legally.  i know i don't.  i do have a problem with multiculturalism.  we are not multicultural.  we are American.  people used to come here because they wanted to become Americans and they were proud when they learned English, took the oath, and were made Americans.
now many come here and want America to accommodate their baggage from their home country.  if what they had where they came from was so great, they should have stayed. 

got a new washer the other day.  yesterday, i got a robo survey call about the service.  i picked up the phone with one hand and had the other full.  first thing:  "to hear the questions in English, press 1.  to hear the questions in Spanish, press 2.".  i hung up.  if you want to talk to me or get my opinion, use English.  if you want to be here, use English.  that is the language we speak in this country.  think that's harsh?  try France or Germany!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
LoriMNnice
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »

I have traveled all over Europe and traveled to the Ukraine and one thing that I really noticed, is there signs i.e. bathroom, ads, information, food packages etc. are all in thier language, I must say in Europe their were lots of universal pictures with the signs but not in the Ukraine. I never tried using a phone in any of these places Smiley It's not like here in the U.S. were signs etc. have multiple languages with them. I just found this interesting. Just a note the "pee pee dance" is known by everyone Smiley I had no problems getting help finding the bathrooms/WCs
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 04:47:02 PM »

we are not multicultural.  
huh huh huh
Ever hear of Little Italy, Chinatown, Greek town, German town, Little Havana, St Patrick’s day, French Quarter, Pulaski day, Amish, Mennonites, Mormons?  Maybe it’s time to get out and explore this great country?

People are not clones (yet) and hence it’s a little unrealistic to expect everybody to conform to Mayberry circa 1950.  I agree with most people that English should be made our official language and we should encourage assimilation into our culture as much as possible.  However the older people/immigrants are, the more resistant to change they become in general.  It’s the 2nd+ generation that are more likely to adopt our culture.  

Learning a new language after your brain matures is a difficult task.  How many of y’all have learned a 2nd language after say age 30?  I flunked out of Spanish at about 30 Sad  All I really learned in Spanish was how to ask for a beer Smiley    
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 05:44:23 PM »

>> people used to come here because they wanted to become Americans and they were proud when they learned English, took the oath, >>and were made Americans.
>>now many come here and want America to accommodate their baggage from their home country.  if what they had where they came >>from was so great, they should have stayed.
 applause   A little scary when I agree with Kathyp. T.R. had a great speech about hyphenated(?) Americans.

The Term is Multi-CULTURAL and I really enjoy the diversity of this GREAT Nation.
Multi-nationals I have a problem with.

Muslims: Let us cut them a little slack! Americans of Japanese decent, during WW2 and after! Let's learn something from our history!
How many people out there are proud of their German Heritage?

Does anybody find the humor in - This is AMERICA and we are going to NATIONALIZE our language: we speak ENGLISH! 

Live long and prosper!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »

Ever hear of Little Italy, Chinatown, Greek town, German town, Little Havana, St Patrick’s day, French Quarter, Pulaski day, Amish, Mennonites, Mormons?  Maybe it’s time to get out and explore this great country?

this is a fundamental misunderstanding about what being American is.  it's not about giving up your heritage.  it is about giving your allegiance to this country.  it's is about adopting the heritage of this country.  that includes the language.  as a recent example, it is not marching about waving a foreign flag and demanding special rights because you came from across the border (legally or not).  

the traditions that people bring with them are wonderful.  they add to the country, but they should not superseded the traditions and laws of this country.

i understand that learning a new language is difficult.  that does not mean that we should accommodate those who do not with special drivers tests, ballots, etc. if someone needs an interpreter for what they are doing, they should pay for it, not expect me to pay for it.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Sundog
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 09:24:13 PM »

I've been having trouble with Foreigners ever since I moved to this country!  grin
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 10:27:12 PM »

>>I've been having trouble with Foreigners ever since I moved to this country! 

Well Said! applause

Live long and prosper!
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »

I remember voting on whether or not English should be the official language of Florida! Tag line says it all.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 01:42:17 PM »

Maybe what we really have to worry about are all those Finns living in the Upper Peninsula grin

(Yes, Folks, this is a joke)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »

hey....if the Finns want to import their laws and make us observe their customs...i'll worry about them.   Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 02:03:10 PM »

LOL, the Finns might want to start enacting laws like requiring polystyrene brood boxes and demanding top ventilation on all bee hives in the USA.  And no feeding bees like pet fishes. Smiley 

I wonder if Finski would find any other laws in need of reforming?
Larry Bees
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 10:25:36 PM »

I've been having trouble with Foreigners ever since I moved to this country!  grin

lau lau lau
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next