Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 02, 2014, 01:54:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's too quiet.. Let's start something.  (Read 1444 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: January 06, 2012, 10:31:56 AM »

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Do you remember January 3, 2007 ?

This is just a History lesson. I am sending it to all regardless of party. I bet I know who wouldn't read it -- those afraid of the truth. It is history and nothing can change it.
The day the Democrats took over was not January 22 nd , 2009 , it was actually January 3rd 2007, the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.

The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:
January 3rd, 2007 , the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress:
The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
The Unemployment rate was 4.6%
George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION!
Remember that day...
January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.
The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!
THANK YOU DEMOCRATS (especially Barney ) for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment...to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES!
(BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie -starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy). Barney blocked it and called it a "Chicken Little Philosophy" (and the sky did fall!)
And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA
And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?
OBAMA and the Democrat Congress, especially BARNEY !!!!
  So when someone tries to blame Bush...
REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007 .... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"
Bush may have been in the car but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel they were driving the economy into the ditch.
Budgets do not come from the White House.. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democratic Party.  Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011.

In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.

For 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office.  At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budget .

And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009. Let's remember what the deficits looked like during that period:
If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself .
In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is "I inherited a deficit that I voted for, and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th."

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:08:23 AM »

I can’t completely disagree with what you’re saying iddee.  However since the Government doesn’t run our economy like the Communists of old, I don’t think they’re totally to blame for success or failure. 

In a capitalistic system there are always periods of boom followed by bust.  That can be driven by excessive greed, the price of energy, world conflicts, etc.  You can’t have perpetual boom without inflation (food, wages, housing, etc) and that eventually results in a bust.  The busts lower the costs/prices and take the speculators out.  At that point, growth can resume.

I would LOVE to see less spending out of the Government.  My beef with the Republicans is whom they want to burden with our debt vs the Democrats.  I simply don’t believe in soaking the poor and giving to the rich to solve problems. 
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »

pop
Sundog
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:41:24 PM »

Thanks for the reminder.  I was wondering when the last time Congress did ANYTHING was.  rolleyes
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »

In a capitalistic system there are always periods of boom followed by bust.  That can be driven by excessive greed, the price of energy, world conflicts, etc.  You can’t have perpetual boom without inflation (food, wages, housing, etc) and that eventually results in a bust.  The busts lower the costs/prices and take the speculators out.  At that point, growth can resume.

I would LOVE to see less spending out of the Government.  My beef with the Republicans is whom they want to burden with our debt vs the Democrats.  I simply don’t believe in soaking the poor and giving to the rich to solve problems.

we haven't practiced real capitalism in this country for a long time.  in a capitalist society, boom and bust are not as much an issue because the market takes care of those things that cause boom and bust....for the most part.  you are correct that there can be outside influences, but even there, the market mitigates the swings.

what we have now is government run capitalism.  that is:  the government steps in to manipulate the economy and marginalize the effect of market forces. it's more commonly known as crony capitalism.

how do you feel that the poor are being burdened with the debt/spending?  they are not paying for anything in the federal spending and right now are not even contributing to Medicare and SSI.  it is those who are producing that are burdened with the cost of what is being dished out to those who are not producing. 
please explain how this is soaking the poor and giving to the rich?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 05:43:09 PM »

Too quiet?  Maybe Scadsobees is on vacation  Smiley
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »

OK. If that didn't get enough action out of Bluebee, maybe the next one I post will. It's from his home state.  evil evil evil

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 09:36:02 AM »

grin Hey iddee - have you thought of trying decaf?  grin

Live long and prosper!
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 07:41:47 PM »

Decaf?? Heck no, but I have thought of dropping from 90 proof to 80.

*Shel Silverstein*
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »

Decaf?? Heck no, but I have thought of dropping from 90 proof to 80.

Heck, anyone who would drink Decaf would probably also consume alcohol free Scotch.  What's the point?
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 12:04:28 AM »

Has anyone heard about the Russian tanker ship that is trying to reach Nome, Alaska?
No?  Well the facts of the case are that a Russian Tanker ship is attempting to reach Nome, Alaska to deliver Diesel, gasoline, and heating oil.  However an unforeseen situation has developed.   The ocean off the coast of Nome is frozen solid, like in from top to bottom.  This condition is unprecedented this far south.  An American ice breaker was dispatched to break a path for the tanker but after creating a path through the ice for several hundred miles the ice breaker encountered solid sea ice close to shore.  An ice breaker as well as an oil tanker are ships and ships require LIQUID water on which to operate.  After several days of slogging through thick sea ice the ships were unable to get closer than ½ mile from Nome dock.  Now the Russians, the Coast Guard, and the citizens of Alaska are attempting to run a hose from Nome's fuel storage tanks to the tanker, so fuel can be pumped ashore over the top of the sea ice. 
http://www.newser.com/article/d9s953s80/tanker-moored-off-iced-in-alaska-town-gearing-up-fuel-delivery.html

What interests me the most is how will the “OMG THE POLAR BEARS ARE DROWNING” crowd spin this saga into proving that Global Warming (AKA) Climate Change is real and that it is man-made?  But I expect them to try.
http://www.americanthinker.com/cartoons/2011/11/image_by_maksim_of_imaksim_2.html

What do you think or say?  Will it be “OMG THE POLAR BEARS ARE FREEZING?  As for myself, I think there are some people who would complain if you hung them with a silk rope and Al Gore is one of them.

Sundog
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 07:16:21 PM »

You mean to tell me there is ICE?  In ALASKA?   In JANUARY?  Then surely all is right with the world.

"Don't confuse me with the truth, my mind's made up!"
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 04:39:00 AM »

I can’t completely disagree with what you’re saying iddee.  However since the Government doesn’t run our economy like the Communists of old, I don’t think they’re totally to blame for success or failure. 

Booms and busts are not a product of capitolism.  They are a product of the use of keysean economics.  Here is a youtube video that not only gives you a prospective of keysean economics but the flip side of the coin austrian economics.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d0nERTFo-Sk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 06:45:07 AM »

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

lau lau  lau lau

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 10:05:23 AM »

did you guys see the article about how man made global warming may hold off the next ice age? like that's a bad thing? 

i'll see if i can find it later.

i think that it was a set up to "the earth is not warming as we thought because global warming is pushing against the new ice age and it's all balancing out".....or some such nonsense.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sawdstmakr
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 11:25:10 AM »

For years now we have been hearing about global warming and raising taxes on contributors and the polar ice cap is melting. If that is the case then Florida and every other coastal state/town/city would see the ocean rising. I bought my house in 1985. It was 30' above sea level and it is still the same today. We have houses that were built decades ago just above sea level and they are still lived in. When are the American (and European) people going to realize this is the worlds biggest sham/ripoff.
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next