Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 03:01:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My stories of life at an animal shelter  (Read 2943 times)
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 02:57:02 AM »

So are hippos a big problem in Indiana?

I doubt it but I do remember that some hippos did escape into the wild from a Columbian drug lord's private zoo.  To be prepaired for the comming flood of hippos acrossing the Rio Grand river like swarming AHB, I took the precaution of planting hippo repelant plants around my property.  So far it is working.  Pictures at 10:00. grin
yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 01:37:31 PM »

Hippo repellent plants do not work, 30-06 pills will.
LoriMNnice
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »

You never know what you get when someone surrenders a Macaw...Over the years I have had 4 macaws the most interesting one was Jo, when you first bring one of these large birds into your home they tend to be quiet for awhile I call this the "honeymoon" period. Then once they settle in and start to trust you they start to open up vocab wise and behavior wise.

Jo was a female blue and gold macaw probably around 10 yrs old or so, lived in a tack room of a horse barn owner surrender because of bad language and aggression.

I didn't have any problems with Jo taking treats from my hand and she stayed put on her cage when you let her out. She was a pretty good bird gave me no problems and the only words I heard out of her beak the first few days were "hello", "cracker" and "arrggh".

Then one day as I turned my back to her to leave I hear a soft male voice say "bend over b$tch" it scared the heck out of me I spun around and looked at Jo she was just sitting there eating her treat. I went to leave again and heard in a strong male voice "F&cker" I didn't know what to do I just started laughing and laughing which is the wrong thing to do then you just encourage the behavior.

From that day on everyday I heard things from that bird that would make my dad blush. Other then her language she was a perfect macaw Smiley It just makes me wonder what went on in that tack room at that barn!
yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 08:01:28 AM »

cheer lau lau
Lone
Queen Bee

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 09:21:48 AM »

Lori,  there is a scarlet macaw for sale in Townsville North Queensland for $17,000 if you are interested.

If Daisy has vices they will be expensive ones.

Lone
LoriMNnice
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »

Lori,  there is a scarlet macaw for sale in Townsville North Queensland for $17,000 if you are interested.

If Daisy has vices they will be expensive ones.

Lone
Oh my $17.000 wow! For that price he/she better have NO vices lol. Most I have ever paid for a macaw is $250 and she came with a nice cage Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next