Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 27, 2014, 08:17:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody buying a special gift for Christmas?  (Read 2862 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: December 16, 2011, 07:01:44 AM »

I know often people have bought something special and would like to tell someone.Perhaps being careful of who for fear of them letting the cat out of the bag.
Please keep this in the spirit of the holidays. Merry Christmas folks!! cheesy
 Or perhaps you can share just to throw ideas out for other members.
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:27:58 AM »

Nothing incredibly special although the older my kids get, the more expensive their requests become. My 10 year old wanted a desktop pc, 'not a laptop dad, a desk top' and my 7 year old wanted an iPod. So, Ive been working every extra-duty job thats came available to spring for the loot Smiley
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 09:21:44 AM »

LOL, K9.  I also prefer a desktop over a laptop.  A nice big monitor would be nice for that desktop too  Smiley
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »

In 1978 I bought my "then 9 year old" son a Montgomery Ward western field 410 shotgun. Last month we were looking at recurve bows on ebay. We ran across a vintage Montgomery Ward WF recurve. He commented on it being a nice match for the shotgun. I went home, signed on the 'puter, and bought it.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »

we usually get something that we need/want.  it's usually something practical for the house.  this year, hubby was thinking about getting a bigger big screen....don't know why....but it looks like we may be sinking a new well instead  sad

cost wise, i'd rather have the TV.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 02:39:34 PM »

My wife is on her 2nd bread machine in 6 year and it sounds like it full of marbles so a new one is on the list.  Also a new vaccuum packer because the old one doesn't suck.  That really sounds backwards
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »

got my dog a collar and my boat a new gps sonar unit

to bee or not to bee
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 04:30:18 PM »

you need GPS on a pond?   Wink   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »

My wife is on her 2nd bread machine in 6 year and it sounds like it full of marbles so a new one is on the list.  Also a new vaccuum packer because the old one doesn't suck.  That really sounds backwards
Wish my wife made enough bread to wear out two bread machines in six years. I would sure buy her one. Homemade bread with real butter and comb honey sounds good to me.
I did hint around for a copy of the Practical Beekeeper.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »

I'm considering one of those stand mixers for my wife.I'm thinking shed like one but would not get one for herself.
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 08:01:09 AM »

I got one of those new turkey cookers from my son. It is a The Big Easy Infrared Smoker, Roaster & Grill. I have not tried it out yet but plan to this weekend. Anyone here have one?

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 08:49:19 AM »

kathy; you know i dont go much and sho get lost
ken the bread mixer is hung on the ends o jens arms, some folks call them hands, i call them skinners

to bee or not to bee
rgy
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 10:04:58 AM »

buzz if you get the stand mixer get her a a kitchen Aide professional 6 series.  expensive but worth it.  you can get the smaller kitchen aids cheaper at sams club but I think the big unit is worth the cost.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 02:10:03 PM »

Just be very careful that you don't get the wrong thing.... 

Wrong Gift Again!

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 02:14:13 PM »

grin   
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »

In 1978 I bought my "then 9 year old" son a Montgomery Ward western field 410 shotgun. Last month we were looking at recurve bows on ebay. We ran across a vintage Montgomery Ward WF recurve. He commented on it being a nice match for the shotgun. I went home, signed on the 'puter, and bought it.

Ive got a 1968 Browning Recurve that was my Dads. (still is my Dads, but Ive managed to commandeer it) Pretty nice. There isnt any draw and aim for any long periods of time though like on a compound.
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 07:57:54 AM »

buzz if you get the stand mixer get her a a kitchen Aide professional 6 series.  expensive but worth it.  you can get the smaller kitchen aids cheaper at sams club but I think the big unit is worth the cost.
I'll 2nd this ken.  My wife has the smaller one that tilts back.  It is 18 years old and is use hard 2 or 3 times a week, 52 weeks a year.  This past weekend I was grinding venison with it and it made a funny pop sound.  Think it might have finnally wore out a gear or two.  I will now have to add the Pro 600 mixer to the Xmas list.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »

That was some funny stuff there Iddee & how true!

Bud, Ms Kathy done ripped you a new one!  grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
D Semple
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 03:04:58 PM »

I'm a traditional bow hunting nut and a collector of vintage bows, hope your son puts that trophy over the fireplace, most of those old bow limbs won't hold up to much shooting before breaking.

Don

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 03:55:45 PM »

It won't be shot. It is a right handed bow and he is a lefty. He hasn't shot the 410 in over 20 years. It will be collector only.

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next