Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 21, 2014, 10:23:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody buying a special gift for Christmas?  (Read 3016 times)
bulldog
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 10:32:12 AM »

they say the nicest gifts are the ones you make yourself. my friends and family are getting some of my "world famous" ( at least in my mind) home made maple syrup. it didn't cost me anything but my own sweat.

Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"
LoriMNnice
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 09:51:45 PM »

I have been busy sewing like crazy my oldest daughter 20 is having her first baby so I have been making baby items, I made my oldest son 24 a Green Bay Packer blanket. My youngest boy 6 and youngest girl 3 are getting toys. (Yes I know there is quite an age differance in my kids no need to remind me LOL) I made my mom and sister some "lounge" pants and picked the most hideous/funny fabric I could Smiley I like sewing a lot so I had fun this holiday season making gifts.
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 07:14:57 AM »

they say the nicest gifts are the ones you make yourself. my friends and family are getting some of my "world famous" ( at least in my mind) home made maple syrup. it didn't cost me anything but my own sweat.

Those are the best kind of gifts to give and receive!

Merry Christmas,

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 10:46:18 AM »

i bought my gift to us yesterday.  got a new washer.  killed the old one.  had to buy a spiffy (expensive) front load because the well is failing.  guess the well will be our spring planting celebration gift to ourselves.

some years are like that....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »

Most front loads use 1/3  of the water as a top loader.Good choice if water is limited. Smiley
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »

Maybe KathyP should move to Michigan; we might lack jobs but we have LOTS of water!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 12:20:43 PM »

oregon does not lack water, but i have a very old well that taps into a spring.  might even be hand dug, but we are not sure.  anyway, the spring has sprung and a new well must be sunk.

had a front load washer and loved it. killed it.  just didn't know how much the cost of them had gone up!  to get the super large capacity i ended up buying one with crap on it that i'm pretty sure i'll never use....oh well.

on the + side of Christmas, my youngest is home from Japan for good now.   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next