Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 04:22:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Made in America  (Read 12683 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2011, 01:38:59 PM »

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/44713312.html

here is the breakdown of "stimulus" spending in WI.

it's easy to dumb down a dependent population.  just keep telling them that you are protecting their "benefits" and you can pretty much do as you wish. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2011, 02:40:53 PM »

I hope this isn't too far off topic, but I think it's a good example of the problem.

My son works for a manufacturing plant here. It is American owned, American employees, and much of the raw products are American made.

He, and all the other employees received a nice flat screen tv from the company for Christmas.

They were made in Thailand.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2011, 02:43:53 PM »

It is American owned, American employees, and much of the raw products are American made.

HIP, HIP, HOORAY applause applause applause

Live long and prosper!
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2011, 03:28:21 PM »

But why couldn't they find American made gifts?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2011, 04:03:55 PM »

But why couldn't they find American made gifts?

Because we can't make those kind cheap enough for people to buy....

Walmart - Porter Ranch, CA - Black Friday Video Game Carnage

Rick
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2011, 04:39:22 PM »

Agreed; the pendulum has swung wide (right) while 'we the people' slept and the greedy (pigs) ran loose.

There is a direct correlation between 'flat wages' and record profits over the last 30 plus years.  Hmm-mm 'and all while American production (GDP) went 'up' not down.  

The Labor movement didn't begin w/ Hoffa huh.  Type in FRANK LITTLE and go 'BACK' from there for the REAL American Labor History, not the propaganda so often repeated here and so offensive to our ancestors, who fought and died for the workers rights 'we all take for granted.'

sterling likes to make up stuff and pass it off as fact:shock:, not the first time I've seen it around here.  

70% of stimulus sent to Wisconsin WAS NOT provided to Union members.  That is the same 'lie' spread by the KOCK Bros and their ilk who provided up to 70% of our Governor's campaign dollars.  We're getting ready to 'kick' him out the door.

The Kock's (from Colorado) don't live in my State.  Why is their money electing 'my' officials?  Any Guesses?

thomas      "I'm stickin' w/ the Union" (anything that brings people together)....Utah Phillips.  Even retired I support three, and no I recieve 'no' monetary benefit/pension for doing so.
Tbeek, I did not say the labor movement started with Hoffa I was just saying, because someone didn't believe there was thugary in the unions, that when I was a teenager I saw a lot of violence brought about by the UNIONS and Hoffa was in the middle of alot of it.
As for the seventy percent of the money Wis. received from the stimulus going to benifit the unions being a lie, you Tbeek are the one trying to change the facts. And I guess the unions didn't benefit from the Govt take over of GM and Chrysler either with tax payer money. The Kock's had nothing to do with how that stimulus money was distributed.
Do you think the democrates do not help elect liberals who are not from the state the money comes? You ever heard of ACORN?
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »

Hi all,
I'm just going to step in and say lets not let this get too heated. We all have our own opinions which we are entitled to, but please, lets keep it civil .
Sometimes we just need to agree to disagree.
I enjoy the back and forth as much as anyone,but we need to remember we are all forum members and have a lot to share,even if we disagree on the issues in the coffee house.
Have a good day all,and by the way,I was made in America 100 percent as my parents never traveled abroad together. grin
rail
House Bee

« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2011, 08:07:21 PM »

http://hondajet.honda.com/gallery/index.aspx?section=VIDEOS&m=f2-firstflight

Sirach
SEEYA
House Bee

« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2011, 10:16:10 PM »

>>I'm just going to step in and say lets not let this get too heated. We all have our own opinions which we are entitled to, but please, lets >>keep it civil .

Thanks for keeping an eye on us! keep up the good work. applause

sterling: hoffa and the teamsters - in the 70's.
My reply to a statement about Unions getting what they wanted by "threats and thuggery" was a little naive. All organizations of all types have there bad apples and situations where good people make terrible decisions. To condemn all unions, or even a single local, for the actions of a few of its members is just wrong.

Look at it from the union members side. The union and the company cannot come to an agreement. There is a lot of brinkmanship, a lot of rhetoric and a lot of threats (on BOTH sides).
I have talked about strikes in this forum, has anybody heard about lock-outs? That is where the company locks the employees out of the plant at the end of the contract. 'you didn't accept what we offered, your out of a job'
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 10:44:07 PM by ray » Logged

Live long and prosper!
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2011, 10:19:07 PM »

It is American owned, American employees, and much of the raw products are American made.

HIP, HIP, HOORAY applause applause applause

Thanks!   That's us too. One of our biggest customers is moving their plant to Mexico.  They're working with us so far to truck our product down there, and they'd really like us there too.  We're actually floating the idea of a plant in Texas on the border so we stay all American.  

Interesting...Grand Rapids lost a lot of our manufacturers to the South.  Right to work states down there.  If our company ever voted in a union, there would probably be another 1000 workers out of a job.  

Rick
SEEYA
House Bee

« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2011, 10:54:50 PM »

MEXICO - A capitalist dream: no minimum wage, no social security, no welfare, no pension. When they get too old or sick or injured; it's pick up your last pay check and don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out.

Live long and prosper!
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2011, 11:05:06 PM »

Mexico, also where you open a factory, ship the machinery down, and the managers order parts for your machines and the parts goes to his cousin's factory and your machines sit.

Be careful when you move there, it ain't all heaven.

*Shel Silverstein*
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2011, 01:03:41 AM »

Hi all,
I'm just going to step in and say lets not let this get too heated. We all have our own opinions which we are entitled to, but please, lets keep it civil .
Sometimes we just need to agree to disagree.
I enjoy the back and forth as much as anyone,but we need to remember we are all forum members and have a lot to share,even if we disagree on the issues in the coffee house.
Have a good day all,and by the way,I was made in America 100 percent as my parents never traveled abroad together. grin

Don't think you got anything to worry about here.  Seems like nobody picks my stuff apart.  Which means everbody agrees with me or they don't read my posts.  I like to think I'm just that good but that's just me   evil

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2011, 03:16:43 AM »

Education, Infrastructure, Health Care and Energy (in that order) received the lions share of Federal Stimulus Dollars in Wisconsin.  To say these dollars served 70% union members is outrageous and simply untrue (there is no 'known' breakdown indicating same).  These dollars served the communities receiving them more than anything, including union members.

Of much greater concern to me is the 'secret' gift of 7.2 trillion (interest free) the FED provided to BANKS on December 8, 2008, whereby those BANKS then 'repaid' their loans (bailout money) to U.S. Treasury at a 3% markup, 'earning' themselves 13-15 billion for the 'favor' of running the shell game, all with tax dollars. 

I keep telling people to check out the BLOOMBERG piece (January issue) outlining this huge rip off (con game), but few have done so it appears, since the 'stimulus' (old news) keeps coming up as an example of what, I'm not sure, as it did a lot of good from what I can tell.

thomas
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:54:06 AM by T Beek » Logged

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2011, 11:24:45 AM »

Tbeek I am going to have to agree with you that the TARP money was a ripoff to the tax payers. And the fed is still doing alot of hidden deals with our money.  :evil:With no accountability to anyone that I can see. Lips Sealed
I'm going to be nice to you here at Christmas if that is OK. Kiss I see on another post that you ice fish, maybe if I'm nice you will someday take me ice fishing?? I have never done that and always wanted to. And what better way to go for the first time then with a libertarian beekeeper grin
SEEYA
House Bee

« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2011, 12:35:14 PM »

Wax worms are the preferred bait.

Live long and prosper!
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2011, 02:29:41 PM »

Wax worms are the preferred bait.

I prefer politician fingers, but find that the fish won't bite on them.  But it is still worth it. evil

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2011, 02:31:19 PM »

'stimulus' (old news) keeps coming up as an example of what, I'm not sure, as it did a lot of good from what I can tell.

like what?

i am not in favor of any kind of bailout.  the only thing i can say about the banks is that they did pay it back.  more than can be said for other "loans".
also, remember that some of the banks didn't want the money and were forced by the govt to take it.  again...the problem is with the government.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2011, 04:50:11 PM »

Tbeek I am going to have to agree with you that the TARP money was a ripoff to the tax payers. And the fed is still doing alot of hidden deals with our money.  :evil:With no accountability to anyone that I can see. Lips Sealed
I'm going to be nice to you here at Christmas if that is OK. Kiss I see on another post that you ice fish, maybe if I'm nice you will someday take me ice fishing?? I have never done that and always wanted to. And what better way to go for the first time then with a libertarian beekeeper grin

Don't want to change the subject but IMO  ;)there's no better way to 'eat' fish than fish 'fresh caught' from below ice, cold and firm.  Yumm. yum.

I'm a libertarian in my own personal view only, but also a 'realist' in that I know while one may have the 'right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness', not all are able to achieve it, and in a 'free society' I don't believe in 'leaving anyone behind' or blaming those less advantaged, who are often percieved as not carrying their own weight, for all the troubles across the land.  

I believe 'we' are our brothers keepers.  Many have found common ground (or should I say ice?) catching 'and' eating fish together.  Might have to make a road trip.

Lets close the FED first Smiley

kathyp; are you not paying attention?  Have you read the BLOOMBERG article outlining this 'theft?  Why are you defending BIG BANKS anyway?  You keep telling us with every chance how the banks paid it all back, riiiiight. 

Well that's true, but they paid it back with interest free money provided by the FED ON DECEMBER 8 2008, and then the same banks ripped off the US Treasury by charging 3% for 'paying back the money they got from the FED, 'earning' an estimated 13-15 billion dollars for the transaction!  A classic shell game played on the American people, and to the tune of over 7 trillion dollars (some estimate it was closer 16 trillion), not even close to the 700 billion 'we the people' knew about.

thomas

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:01:59 PM by T Beek » Logged

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2011, 07:15:44 PM »

my "like what?" was about the benefit of the stimulus.

equal opportunity does not guarantee equal outcome.  it is up to us as individuals to take care of those who are less fortunate.  it is not up to the government, by way of redistribution, to decide who gets cared for and who gets robbed to do it.  if a person is capable of working and chooses not to, or has made bad choices that have negatively impacted their lives, it is not up to the government to decide to take my  money and support them.

i don't blame those who are less fortunate for the problems in the country.  i do blame them for wanting me to support them by way of tax dollars.  i do think that much of the "safety net" encourages bad behavior by mitigating the consequences of that behavior.

my grandmother told me not to touch the hot iron.  i did it anyway.  i got burned.  i didn't touch the hot iron again. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next