Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 05:35:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USA Today on Egyptian Elections  (Read 3835 times)
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »

I recently attended a seminar that the subject was the Muslims plan to take over the world and implement Sharia Law, and explain their process and progress in doing just that.
There were three speakers all very qualified to speak on the subject. One was a man who had been converted to Christianity out of Islam one was a guy from Ireland [a politician] who had bucked the Muslin takeover in that country and was in a lawsuit with his government, the other guy was an author who had studied the Muslims extensively.
All said the Muslims will do anything including kill anyone who is not a Muslim to accomplish their goal. They also talked allot about how the Muslims had mistreated women and anyone who is a christian.

Just some of the things they talked about:

There are times in London when traffic can't move because Muslims are praying in the street. This is also going on in Manhattan.

Entire areas of Europe are no go zones for non-Muslims including the police.

Rape by Muslims is so prevalent in parts of Sweden that Sweden has forbidden the police from collecting any data in the rape investigation that would point to Islam. Rape is part of Islamic doctrine as applied to non-Muslim women.

In case we have forgotten on Sept. 11, 2001 Jihadist attacked and destroyed the World Trade Center This attack was in compliance to the doctrine of jihad found in Sharia law. The attack was a political action motivated by a religious mandate.

If you think there is just a handfull of extremist then explain why the non extremist don't stand up against the violent extremist.
And where do you think the extremist get there support to operate? You probably guessed it, the non extremist.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2011, 03:42:57 PM »

It might be worth re-reading T Beeks salient points about now.  Just saying.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »

It might be worth re-reading T Beeks salient points about now.  Just saying.

i'm not sure how any of those points would change what we know.  what do you think we missed?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2011, 06:44:01 PM »

In all due respect, Tbeek was not one of the experts at the seminar and these experts were easier to understand then Tbeeks posts.  These men have lived in the situations they were schooling us on.
If I understand Tbeek he says the Muslims are peacefull and tolerant people. That thinking is what helped to cause the Fort Hood masacre.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 06:36:07 AM »

Never said that sterling.  You obviously made that up rolleyes as the assertion is absolutely false.  Empty your pockets man.

I'm well acquainted w/ the type of 'experts' mentioned, may have even interviewed or investigated them at one point, depending on their views at the time.

People 'are' people though.  'None' of us holds the banner of peace or tolerance very high (or should I say high enough) including (especially?) Americans.

thomas

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 06:17:46 AM »

Found this quote yesterday.  Amazing how many people who actually travel the Middle-East have similar experiences.
Thought it fit this discussion very well so am passing it along.   Admittedly the 'content' may be upsetting to some. 

From 12/22/11 RS

"We were on stage in Abu Dhabi a month ago, and there were flags out there from Lebenon, Iran, Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.  It blew my mind.  I didn't see any religious affiliations or distinctions of borders.  I didn't see anything other than kids with big smiles on their faces."  Lars Ulrich, Metallica

thomas

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 10:10:43 AM »

"We were on stage in Abu Dhabi a month ago, and there were flags out there from Lebenon, Iran, Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.  It blew my mind.  I didn't see any religious affiliations or distinctions of borders.  I didn't see anything other than kids with big smiles on their faces."  Lars Ulrich, Metallica

i am not at all sure of the relevance of this quote.  probably not a lot of Islamaist at a Metallica concert?  just my guess......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 11:37:37 AM »

Found this quote yesterday.  Amazing how many people who actually travel the Middle-East have similar experiences.
Thought it fit this discussion very well so am passing it along.   Admittedly the 'content' may be upsetting to some. 

From 12/22/11 RS

thomas
I don't know who that guy is nor what that quote is about, but in my wildest dream I can't picture the leaders of  Syria, Iran, and Saudi Arabia standing together today celebrating anything.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 12:12:04 PM »

Sterling you live right off the “music highway” and you never heard of Metallica?  Now that is funny!  

Sorry, I meant no disrespect with my laugh, but I am surprised somebody has never heard of Metallica.  I’m sure there is plenty I haven’t heard of either so the last laught is probably on me.

I don’t listen to Metallica myself, but if the kids in the Middle East are finally discovering rock n roll, that’s a good sign.  The liberalization has begun  applause  We'll never win them over with guns and destruction, but we just might with music.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »

Rigid as steal, heh?  Sorry to hear it.  Not a healthy way to live 'IMO' (JUST MINE), intolerant of entertaining new ideas that challenge your own, despite 'any' commonality.  If we can't talk to each other how can we ever talk to our enemies, real or imagined?

Don't know who Metallica is?  I'm not even a fan and I know who they are.

The quote was meant to dispel some of the myths spread around with so little attention to some existing reality (not all)or evidence other than anecdotal heresy, not a call to arms.  

This is just a 'small piece' of Middle Eastern Reality as was recently experienced first hand by an American citizen.  I thought you'd all be interested.  

I also thought that if I quit talking about my own experiences and offer up another's, it might wake and deepen the discussion instead of shutting it down all the time.  I 'thought' I was the problem Undecided.

You all do know, the Nineteen and under age group make up the majority of people throughout the Middle-East, right?

thomas

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 12:49:31 PM »

You all do know, the Nineteen and under age group make up the majority of people throughout the Middle-East, right?

and it was that age group that started the last revolution in Iran. 

the concern is not about Muslims.  the concern is about Islamists.  almost all revolutions through history have been started by well intentioned people seeking some form of "freedom".  almost all of them have ended up with totalitarian governments, and repressed freedoms.  those well intentioned people who started the revolutions are either co-opted or killed.

Iran is a pretty good example.  while the history is complicated, it's safe to say the the Shaw didn't do a hot job.  on the other hand, the general population in Iran had far more freedom and opportunity than they do now.  the majority of the Shaws oppression was directed at the islamists and also at political opponents....often one in the same.  so they had a revolution.  they wanted freedom.  what did they get?  they got an Islamists government that was more oppressive than the one they overthrew.

same thing happened in Russia, Cuba, Vietnam, and China.  it's less about religion than looking at who has the most organization.  you can pretty much bet on who will be in power after the revolution by looking at who has the best machine before. 

probably a lot of Metallica fans in the more free areas of the middle east and asia.  how many will there be after an islamist government takes over?

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 05:41:48 PM »

Sterling you live right off the “music highway” and you never heard of Metallica?  Now that is funny!  

Sorry, I meant no disrespect with my laugh, but I am surprised somebody has never heard of Metallica.  I’m sure there is plenty I haven’t heard of either so the last laught is probably on me.

I don’t listen to Metallica myself, but if the kids in the Middle East are finally discovering rock n roll, that’s a good sign.  The liberalization has begun  applause  We'll never win them over with guns and destruction, but we just might with music.

The musical highway I'm near is country music and I'm country to the deepest part of my soul and was before country was cool.  Smiley
And i'm all for winning them over with music if that will work. shocked Even if it is rock and roll.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 05:54:50 PM »

I-40 between Nashville and Memphis is called the “music highway”.   They’ve got road signs up proclaiming it as such.  Technically, I don’t think I-40 is called that that on the east side of Nashville.

It’s funny, because that drive between Nashville and Memphis has almost no radio stations to listen to!  I always laughed that is was ironic to call it the “music highway” since there was no music to listen to on that long boring drive to Memphis.  Later I learned it was named such because of all the country singers who were born in that zone.
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »

I wish the people in the middle east could get along but that doesn't seem possible. The Syrian leaders are killing their own people. Iranian leaders are killing their own people or at least recently have and Saudi Arabia does'nt want Iran to get control of the whole middle east which is what they are trying to do with the help of nucs..
The only thing it seems they could agree on is the destruction of Jerusalem. embarassed
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 06:07:53 PM »

I-40 between Nashville and Memphis is called the “music highway”.   They’ve got road signs up proclaiming it as such.  Technically, I don’t think I-40 is called that that on the east side of Nashville.

It’s funny, because that drive between Nashville and Memphis has almost no radio stations to listen to!  I always laughed that is was ironic to call it the “music highway” since there was no music to listen to on that long boring drive to Memphis.  Later I learned it was named such because of all the country singers who were born in that zone.

I always thought the truck drivers in the begining of the CB radio days called it the musical highway and the name came from that. Could be wrong. But if you leave Memphis going east you are headed towards the great country music city. grin
But I live a short distance east of Nashville.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next