Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 05:59:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: marijuana  (Read 6972 times)
Wandering Buddhist
New Bee

« on: July 25, 2005, 09:28:44 AM »

I have been asked, many times, if placing bees near a field of marijuana or opium or any other plant the produces illicit drugs could result in honey that has similar properties.  Does such a honey exist?  Could it?  This is for research purposes only.  Drugs are not my thing, but I am very curious about this.  Anyone know?

Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 09:53:12 AM »

This has been discussed on other forums before.  I don't really know anything, but the consensus among anyone with any knowledge on the subject seemed to be that the honey was not.  The chemically active portions are not in the nectar or the pollen.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 10:04:33 AM »

Same would be true for opium
The alkaloid in the plant is inside the head of the plant which must be slitt to relase a milky substance from which the various products are refined

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
rapi
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 11:01:51 AM »

Well, anyway the honey is really hard to extract, because it gets stoned....
AdmiralD
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 11:46:02 AM »

Well, anyway the honey is really hard to extract, because it gets stoned....

As in "crystalized" Huh?
 wink
melliphile
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »

marijuana is not insect polinated, it's wind polinated.

"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." -Plato
latebee
House Bee

Location: western new york, near buffalo and niagara falls 42 50' N latitude and 78 50' W longitude

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 09:21:44 AM »

Fellow Beeks-----I see that this post already has 600+ views in less than one day.If you take note,the average post has 200 to 300 views after a week.  This is one of those things that make you go HMMMM! cheesy

The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 09:23:23 AM »

Quote from: latebee
Fellow Beeks-----I see that this post already has 600+ views in less than one day.If you take note,the average post has 200 to 300 views after a week.  This is one of those things that make you go HMMMM! cheesy

What are you talking about? This thing is over a year old

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
latebee
House Bee

Location: western new york, near buffalo and niagara falls 42 50' N latitude and 78 50' W longitude

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 09:26:46 AM »

Ok-- OK my mistake,first time I have seen it. Guess I should pay more attention.

The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 02:06:22 PM »

i never see bees on my plants...wait...i meant to say pants
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 02:36:36 PM »

Quote from: randydrivesabus
i never see bees on my plants...wait...i meant to say pants

http://www.topsmilies.com/smilies/happy0188.gif"/>

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

ctsoth
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 03:36:46 PM »

shucks.
nepenthes
Field Bee

Little honey bee in flight

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 03:41:31 PM »

Ok, The flowering parts is the part that gets you high for those of you who dont know.

Simply, No! but im sure explanation is in order, pot plants are male and female, you need a male to polate the female plant's, The female plants contains the THC. You can see it in some of the plants which are grown geneticaly to have These traits of Heavy Crystalization.

Bee's wouldnt be attracted to the Female plants I dont think.

huh

"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.
melliphile
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 08:01:45 AM »

My understanding is that it's like corn.  Corn produces copius amounts of pollen... of little or no value to bees becuase of it's total lack of nutritive value.  Marijuana produces an oily resin, but no nectar.  Too bad, though.  I'm sure the idea has occured to many a pothead, um, I mean beekeeper.  Large clouds of pollen are purpotedly a side effect of  the growing of industrial hemp.  It is for this reason that alot of illicit large scale outdoor growers wouldn't like to see the legalization of industrial hemp.  They fear that industrial pollen will contaminate their stock.  The end result would be alot of kind bud turned industrial.    We'd have lots of hemp rolling papers with nothing good to roll in them.

"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." -Plato
nepenthes
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 10:22:16 AM »

They could stilll keep to their practices in privatce in private... and set out the Nice male With the good Genetics and let it cross polinate and help out the Comercial plants get a little more stronger... it would be a long procces but it could make the other plants more potent.

Even if it was possible a Pot head could simply get a Small bumble bee hive in the Green house Im sure they would soon own.

"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.
Doorman
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 03:21:18 PM »

ok. I've got to ask the obvious question.  Smoker Fuel??

Some call me a bee farmer, I prefer rancher. What
with millions of tiny livestock foraging the open range, spring and fall round ups. Boy howdy branding their little butts sure is tedious.
nepenthes
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 03:41:54 PM »

Would burn to quick, would get introuble, depending what part of the plant you are using. The smoke would be a good Smoker fuel, would be expensive fuel though  cheesy

randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 05:35:33 PM »

the leaves would probably make for good smoker fuel with an added bonus.
most people who smoke pot want to smoke the female buds. the male plant flowers and produces pollen. a more short lived and less intense high can be achieved by smoking the male leaves (or the female leaves for that matter).
the seeds are produced by the female that has been polinated by the male. the seeds are also somewhat undesireable and growers usually will get rid of males before they flower. the resuling female buds are called sensemilla.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 08:48:58 PM »

Using Mary jane for smoker fuel is fine in theory--just don't inhale while working the bees.  Although I would wager that concern about getting stung or how much would decrease with each puff of the bellows.  Warning: do not lap lips around Smoker ports.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Zoot
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 10:36:11 PM »

I think latebee is still on the mark despite the age of the post....for instance, if someone were to log on with the moniker "36 DD" I suspect a brisk flow of "helpful" advice would ensue...

Might be worth a try as a social science experiment.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next