Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 31, 2014, 07:05:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I want the NEXT President to PROMISE "ONLINE PRESIDENTIAL VOTING" by 2016  (Read 4515 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »

Short term memory warning ahead:  Florida 2000, a corrupt State system, further corrupted by a corupted federal court system (and no one goes to jail?).  When both State and Fed voting systems are corrupt, what's the solution then...................? 

a wingnut opinion not supported by either the courts or the independent investigations done by the press.

disguised fascists.

define "fascist".

Many already don't have a way to 'physically' count votes.  Voting with the machines they've persuaded most areas to adopt is a big issue w/ keeping track of votes and then allowing ONE company to dominate the landscape also allows corruption to seep in.  Right now we have corporate America running elections, I'd rather have more involvement from the feds in this capacity at least, certainly more enforcement.  Of course any system success depends on the willingness to put lawbreakers in jail, still waiting

not a fan of voting machines, but i no more believe there is a conspiracy with them, than i believe there is a conspiracy to steal my  money when i put it into a bank kiosk.  however, following your line of logic, online voting would be even worse.

it's always amazing to me that people scream about corporate America and it's control on their life with one breath, and with the next, declare their willingness to put the federal government in control of everything.

i, too, am waiting for the feds to act on some stuff.  voter intimidation, killed border agents, etc. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2011, 01:28:38 PM »

I can finally see why giving tyhe feds more power in elections could be helpful after reading trhis artice.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45542315/ns/technology_and_science-security/t/russia-media-claim-cyber-attack-after-election/

Perhaps Pravda will be the sole news source again before long.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 10:10:31 PM »

I now read that Hillary is suggesting the Russian elections are filled with fraud.  

The problem with ANY election is there are people involved.  If you take the people out of the equation, that removes most of the room for fraud.  If we implemented the beemaster’s internet voting system in Russia and feed the results to servers in the news media and a neutral country (say Switzerland) would you bee keepers at least admit THAT would result in a fairer tally of the votes?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2011, 10:53:48 PM »

and if you had read the complaints in the Russian press, you'd know that one of the main complaints was electronic fraud.  any system can be defrauded.  on honest system, electronic or not, depends on honest people.  hand counting paper ballots in a room with others is probably the most honest system there is. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 03:23:10 AM »

Wow, I wonder how capitalism ever got out the stone ages if we can’t trust the electronics?  

Yesterday 4.1 billion shares were traded on the NYSE, 1.69 billion shares on the NASDAQ.  Lord only knows how many trillions of dollars were traded on the Forex yesterday.  

Should they shut down electronic trading because it is too unsafe?  To prone to having money stolen?  To prone to hackers?  To prone to “electronic fraud”?

I’m confused huh  Do we need to go back to hand counting paper stock certificates too?  I guess that would generate a LOT of jobs, having to count over 5 billion pieces of paper everyday.
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2011, 03:23:21 AM »

> If you take the people out of the equation, that removes most of the room for fraud.

If you take people out of the equation then no one is accountable at all and you leave room for massive fraud and no one to be a witness to it.  If the Feds said "X" won the election, how would you contest it?

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »

Americanselect.org

A good place to start?

thomas

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »

I don't understand why it's still being debated.  You can't have a federal ID card for voting and a President can't promise online voting.  Read the constitution people voting is left up to the states.  If your elected officials in the state capitol building decide for online voting then that's how it will be in your state.  Good lord folks if your too lazy to get out and vote it wasn't the important anyways.  What would be a more interesting question is how many people that vote in every election actually want this?  I bet I won't get an honest answer on that one cause I hear a lot of people crying about this and that but when it comes to moving off their duff and going to the polls it never happens.  Of course if you did change everything I suppose we could also change election day to the first of the month so as to make sure everyone can go to Walmart and vote. 

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2011, 04:53:08 PM »

If we were to change election day,I would tender April 16th appropriate. grin
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2011, 05:08:27 PM »

applause applause applause

Now THAT is a brillant idea! 
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »

If we were to change election day,I would tender April 16th appropriate. grin

Nah ya can't do that you gotta remember about half the country is on the take.  So it has to be at the first of the month when everyone gets their checks.  You wouldn't want them to have to try to make it to walmart without any money to get there cause they already spent it on the first.  Come on now your trying to exclude people from voting.

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2011, 04:51:02 AM »

Put the polls at WallMart then Smiley.

AGAIN:  any of you check out Americanselect.org yet?  Thought so grin

thomas

Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2011, 05:02:12 AM »

>I don't understand why it's still being debated.  You can't have a federal ID card for voting and a President can't promise online voting.  Read the constitution people voting is left up to the states.

And that was done on purpose for good reason.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2011, 05:10:27 AM »

"Good lord folks if your too lazy to get out and vote it wasn't the important anyways."

What if you are ill?  What if you are handicapped?  What if you have an emergency and cant get to the polls?  What if you are drunk and cant drive?  What if you are away on biz?  What if your bee yard got hit by a bear? What if.........?  No worries, got 4 G brother!!!! lol!!!

Yes Thomas, I see 80% of voters would consider "BEE-NUTS" for Prez, that's fantastic!  Lol!

Almost forgot, PM me if you would like to make a campaign contribution.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2011, 05:50:57 AM »

I use to travel a lot (that cushy Govt Job had me globe hopping Wink) and I'm considered 100% 'disabled' by the VA, so I've used the "absentee ballot" option at least half the time over the last forty years.  For the time being its still an option for many who 'can't' get to the polls on election day.

HAS ANYONE ELSE CHECKED OUT Americanselect.org?  About the fourth time I've posted it w/ no responce which makes me believe what I've been thinking for a while now.  Most posters around here don't read/obsorb the posts they think they're responding to or are too busy 'inside their own head' to allow another (challenging) thought to enter. 

What's that all about anyway?

thomas

bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2011, 07:25:57 AM »

Thomas

I just spent considerable time on the website.  I read through about 60 or more questions members posted to ask candidates.  I think I approved 3 of them.  People are really dense in this country, jezz.  That said I think it would be a fantastic idea for us to be able to force the candidates to answer real questions from the people. 

I like the website, its a good idea.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2011, 08:05:15 AM »

I knew there was a good reason why I said I'd vote for "bee-nuts for prez cool", you pay attention to those issues/thoughts that reside ouside any particular comfort zone.  Am I right?

Now let's see how many others show up.

thomas

hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2011, 09:44:15 AM »

Bee Nuts boy them sure are a lot of what ifs.  But I got one for ya what if people just got off their duffs and went to the polls.  Why the heck do you think our founding fathers set things up the way they did?  I suspect that they figured that being able to vote was such a coveted thing that people would want to do it.  Fact is people are lazy now and just don't care.  You mentioned the being drunk and can't drive what if.  Do you really want a drunk voting?  Honestly the next day he or she is gonna demand a revote because they can't remember who or what they voted on. 

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2011, 09:56:05 AM »

.......hmmm.....hmmm......oh, forget it  grin

thomas

bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2011, 02:22:27 AM »

" You mentioned the being drunk and can't drive what if.  Do you really want a drunk voting?  Honestly the next day he or she is gonna demand a revote because they can't remember who or what they voted on. "

You take me way to seriously, lol!  The only person I want voting drunk is me!

I dont drink...... very often!

Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next