Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 23, 2014, 08:57:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Cell Phone  (Read 973 times)
asprince
Super Bee

« on: December 04, 2011, 06:56:06 PM »

Last week the parking lot of a local fast food establishment was packed with people standing four abreast all the way around the building. I thought man they must be have a good sale. When I got closer I saw a large trailer with a sign on the side that said "FREE CELL PHONE WITH MINUTES TO ALL THAT QUALIFY". The line was steady ALL day! Cell phones are not how I want the Government to spend my tax money! Locals are calling them "Obama Phones". My butt is still chapped.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »

The money comes from a back door tax "universal service fee".

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:40:36 PM »

Did you see the article about the millionaire’s in Seattle on welfare?  http://www.king5.com/news/local/Feds--Seattle-welfare-recipient-lived-in-million-dollar-home-134943613.html

$1200 a month of living expenses since 2003 (thanks again Dubya) plus food stamps.  Didn’t see anything about a free Obama phone though.   

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:53:51 PM »

i'd bet anything that this is another ACORN administered project and/or done through the state.  bet she voted for Obama too.

oh...and you probably want to thank that democrat controlled congress that has oversight and funds these things?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »

ok, it was the 1974 congress who did the program and that congress was....wait for it.....democrat.  in addition, the 1974 congress did the initial program that was the.....wait for it.....Housing and Community Development Act which was updated under the democrat 1994 congress and called the Community Reinvestment Act....which led to....wait for it.....the housing collapse!!

man, that bush guy was just evil.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »

And the outstanding Republican President in 1974 with veto power was……???

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican."  Dan Quayle.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 10:25:01 PM »

Actually, the "Universal Service Fraud" was an Al Gore invention.  I guess he needed it to push his other invention, the "internet".  grin   My butt's not only been chapped but had eczema about that one for years and years grin.  To the point that I cut my phone service to a minimum even then they kept expanding it.

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »

and the democrat president in '94 when they doubled down on the program was??

i know it's loads of fun to blame everything on bush especially when there is such a loser in the WH right now, but the fact is, i can't even blame obama for all the crap that's gone on the last 3 years.  obama just got very lucky to have had such a majority in congress the first 2 years and was able to do damage with congressional blessing. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/93rd_United_States_Congress

here is the makeup of the '74 congress.  as i recall, the super majority was almost never required at that time.  maybe someone remembers better. 

and the '94 congress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/103rd_United_States_Congress

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next