Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Priavtizing Liquor.  (Read 791 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Priavtizing Liquor.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 04:41:20 PM »
it's a good thing.  what in the heck is a state doing running liquor stores?  now...if they'd just let me pump my own gas....
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:39:18 PM »
it's a good thing.  what in the heck is a state doing running liquor stores?  now...if they'd just let me pump my own gas....
kathyp.....

If you go to New Hampshire ALL liquor and wine is sold by the state liquor stores.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 07:27:49 PM »
LOL, now our conservative friends will have to start calling New Hampshire “communist” and “marxist”!   Who would have thought the “Live Free of Die” state with one of the most minimalist state governments in the nation would be so “communist” ?

If I recall, you can buy beer at the local grocery stores.....unless it is Sunday  :)

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 07:31:21 PM »
LOL, now our conservative friends will have to start calling New Hampshire “communist” and “marxist”!   Who would have though the “Live Free of Die” state with one of the most minimalist state governments in the nation would be so “communist” ?

If I recall, you can buy beer at the local grocery stores.....unless it is Sunday  :)

ALL beer is sold it  local grocery stores not at the state liquor stores you can buy beer on Sunday after 12PM
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 09:08:41 PM »
Down here, we can still get our liquor in a mason jar from the man down the street.    :-D 

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »
Oh wow! Another handy use for mason jars!! :-D

So far I've used them for honey, I've heard of people storing their "buds" in them, and now likker!

I've heard that some people can garden veggies in them too! 
Rick

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 12:33:08 AM »
now...if they'd just let me pump my own gas....

it's an overrated experience kathy, trust me.  probably the only good thing about living in new jersey is not having to pump your own gas. :-D
Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"