Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 03:13:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Government turning off my TV and Radio?  (Read 798 times)
hankdog1
Field Bee

« on: November 10, 2011, 01:55:13 AM »

What in the name of everything that is holey is going on with the government?  They sure as heck shouldn't have this power in the first place but then they have to test it just to make sure.  People can say this or that about it but I see it as another chink in the armor of freedom of speech.  Something happens and they can shut everything down (probably the internet too) and come up with a way to spin something.  Have these people even read the Bill of Rights?  My mind can't even wrap around where this will end.  The sad thing is I thought I would see more people upset about it.  I must be paranoid or the only one that isn't trusting of big brother.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 04:33:11 AM »

Huh huh  Hankdog, my friend, what on Earth are you talking about huh

If they were going to turn off the TV and Radio they should have done it during that comedy show last night on CNBC.  The one starring Gov. Perry.

What’s that about the Bill of Rights, TV, Radio, and the Internet?  Did TV exist in 1791? Radio?  Internet?  Electricity?  Sliced Bread?  Women’s Rights?  Civil Rights?  No, No, No, No, No and No.
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 05:57:24 AM »

What in the name of everything that is holey is going on with the government?  They sure as heck shouldn't have this power in the first place but then they have to test it just to make sure.  People can say this or that about it but I see it as another chink in the armor of freedom of speech.  Something happens and they can shut everything down (probably the internet too) and come up with a way to spin something.  Have these people even read the Bill of Rights?  My mind can't even wrap around where this will end.  The sad thing is I thought I would see more people upset about it.  I must be paranoid or the only one that isn't trusting of big brother.

Not to many know about the test on 11/9/2011 at about 2:00 PM EST
in the USA

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:12:45 PM by Jim 134 » Logged

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:31:39 AM »

I didn't see any tests.

But I agree, a heap of paranoia there myself.  What in the world do we need a nationwide alert system to allow the president to address the nation?  So he can push out messages and propaganda when he sees fit?  Is this modern day Venezuala?

I can see having a local warning system for local events, floods, tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, volcanoes, terrorist attacks.  But nationwide?  We have news stations.  And they all cut in in the case of breaking news.  And all will play sound bits of the president in the case of something serious, like 9/11.

Stupid.

Rick
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 08:52:41 AM »

Hankdog has been sampling the 'Honey that used to bubble' jar again. Either that or his kids are messing with him with the TV remote again Smiley
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 10:11:50 AM »

What’s that about the Bill of Rights, TV, Radio, and the Internet?  Did TV exist in 1791? Radio?  Internet?  Electricity?  Sliced Bread?  Women’s Rights?  Civil Rights?  No, No, No, No, No and No.

so the bill of rights is old and doesn't protect our rights when it comes to new technology?  that's an interesting concept.

i understand what hankdog is concerned about.  historically, for those regimes that wished to reduce the freedom of the people (opposition), gaining control of all forms of communication is one of the first things they do.

with a good knife, i can butter my toast in the morning, and gut dinner in the evening. it is the intent/use that makes the difference between my knife being a tool or a weapon.
  in the case of this admin. we already have evidence that they have no concern for the law, or the will of the people.  that makes some of us concerned about an admin with it's own agenda wielding a  multi use implement.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
divemaster1963
Field Bee

God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:23:27 PM »

The shutting down was probably the national Emergency alert test they had Wednesday the 9Th. It was done so that if a attach every happens again that the nation can be alerted about it all at once. That did not happened on September the 11Th. heads rolled in DC for that. so they have been working on the problem since then. they finally have it at a point they could test it and find any new flaws. From what I heard they did not get near 100 % success. not every Station ( radio and TV station) alerted. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 11:42:46 PM »

That did not happened on September the 11Th

as a practical matter, it did.  who among us didn't either have the tv on and watch it, or get a call from someone telling us to watch?  i would rather have the news breaking and let me know what's going on, than the prez break in and tell me what he thinks i need to know.  we already  have an alert system on most of our cell phones for emergency info from the prez.  lots of people don't know that, but it's there.  we have the emergency alert system to let us know if there is something local that requires our immediate attention.

why do we need ALL broadcasting interrupted for anything....except maybe incoming nukes...and then, what difference does it make anyway?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »

9-11 that's my point.  We were out in the mountains of KY camping...didn't find out till later in the day.  Not that it would have mattered.  And by the time we found a hotel, that's all that was playing on any channel - radio or tv.  No preempting of any station was necessary.

rick

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next