Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 25, 2014, 08:45:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas tree tax  (Read 1647 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: November 08, 2011, 11:43:31 PM »

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/11/08/obama-couldnt-wait-his-new-christmas-tree-tax/

what will they think of next....i'm afraid to ask.

http://www.science20.com/cool-links/tax_christmas_trees_order_promote_christmas_trees_thanks_mr_president-84437

but....it's not a tax.  it's a "fee".  you really have to read it to believe it.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 03:56:46 AM »

I knew the day would come when the end of this country would be plainly obvious through policy and I think this is the policy that breaks Americas back.  The fact that something like this can even happen tells me there is no hope left for this country.  What is next, zippers, buttons, and shoe laces? 

Time to move to Mexico.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
Francus
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »

Absolutley nuts.

"...but Sweetie, it's basically just an Ant Farm for adults...."
JackM
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 09:11:51 AM »

Just another way for the Muslims or communists to take over

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 09:21:09 AM »

...if I didn't know about the honeyboard, I wouldn't believe.this..... but this is essentially how.the nub is funded and operated.

With that said, I want to go into business.sellin% fresh cut Chanukah bush's.  It would be an interesting law.suit...hard for the.govt to define my product as a.Christmas tree.
Deknoww
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 10:09:28 AM »

and it adds more crap to the paperwork and stuff for the seller.  now...? at what point is this tax applied?  from the grower, seller, guy on the street corner with a tree stand??

and why is it the feds job to promote Christmas, Christmas trees, or whatever....?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 11:39:56 AM »

Kathy, the exact same thing already happens with honey...the NHB is a private industry group...one in which if you meet the requirements, are required by law to contribute to....that the sec. Of agriculture mandates who is on the board....but because it is a priviate group, it is not a tax.  Haha.

There are some who have had the knock on the door...demanding computer access and books to determine what was owed...threatened to come back with feds.  ...to a beekeeper....by the NHB.
Deknow
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:04:29 PM by deknow » Logged
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 12:02:22 PM »

...the point is that it is called a "private trade group" because besides the fact the sec of agriculture determines who is on it, it is money from the industry that goes towards promoting the industry.

...of course in practice, it means that the NHB takes funds from beekeepers (as detailed above), and spends one million dollars of it co-promoting "The Bee Movie" as an educational film.  You know...the movie where the boys do all the work, the bees drive around in cars inside the hive, and nectar and pollen is collected with guns...educational.  Oh, and the poor bees get their honey stolen.

It's not a tax, it's pure theft, with the govt. playing the part of the thug.  Nice.

deknow
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 12:40:51 PM »

oooh well can't get me on this one wife is allergic so we have an artificial job.  Before I got married though used to go out and cut eastern red cedars off the farm here for christmas trees.  So the feds can take that and stick it in their pipe and smoke it at least one thing they won't be getting into my pocket for.  I'm sure they will find a way to apply it to artifical trees before it's all said and done though.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 12:46:12 PM »

Christmas tree farming is big business here.  i have 3 small (40 acres or so) Christmas tree farms on my road.  two of them do u-cut and that's where we usually get our trees.  wonder if u-cut counts  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 12:48:02 PM »

If there were a problem with fresh cut trees and they need marketing, well, then maybe there would be a need.  But I don't believe it for a minute.

I can't say as that I've ever heard or read an add pushing fresh cut trees.  I don't want to hear or see one either.

It started with that hot air filled goodfornothing, al gore, and our phone bill.  Taxes will disappear only to be replaced with crushing fees.  Surprised I haven't heard that yet at the ows fracas's..."Fee the rich!"... Oh right...they're not that civil...

Rick
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 02:31:29 PM »

Kathy it is big business just south of me in Grayson Co.  They have tractor trailers and an army of Mexican workers come in every year to cut and load the trees.  I can only speculate that all of the workers probably aren't here with the proper papers.  But Christmas trees are a big part of the economy down there.  I suspect these farmers are probably gonna take a big hit for this.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 03:08:19 PM »

looks like it died before it got started! 

Alexis de Tocqueville
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 01:47:49 AM »

Guess the people and the small growers still have some power!

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 04:51:26 AM »

OK, I completely agree with y’all about the lunacy of the tree tax and that stupid bee movie.  A government program that I bet 99% of us all would agree to de-fund immediately.  The other 1% is probably stuffing all those 15 cent fees in their pockets from the money spent on ads.  Wall Street probably has some derivatives on Chirstmas trees.

I do find it hard to believe this farce is something Obama would want to do.  I have a feeling we’re not getting the full story here.  Obama is way too green to promote chopping down MORE trees when he’s trying to fight global warming.  It just doesn’t add up.  
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 08:10:12 AM »

When there is a tax on cigs.or alcohol or gas,.it is called (to some extent)  a sin tax...it discourages purchasing these things.
when it is honey or Christmas trees the "tax " is supposed.to help.increase consumption.

I expect this died.because of the Christmas aspect, not because of the fees.
deknow
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 12:38:41 AM »

So wheres the "Country Hating Communist" tax?

Old Blue
Oppressively over regulated and darn near christmas tree taxed in
Kali-bone-ya
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 01:59:36 AM »

"I expect this died.because of the Christmas aspect, not because of the fees.
deknow"

I suspect it died because the Obama admin seen with what little common sense they have how bad it would hurt their image come election time and someone called the idiots who come up with the brilliant idea and let them know if they wanted their over paid salary they better remove the idea from the plate.  I almost wish the idea would have been pushed along so it could have been used to for ammunition come election time.

All this stuff aside now, I hope their is a future for this country and that the state of our economy and other issues we are suffering with today bring some common sense back to our people and subsidies are eliminated, free trade eliminated, and tariffs on imports reborn.  There was a day in this country before the federal reserve was created when income tax was not needed and corporations did not ask why they should hire you but told you why you should work for them.  In this time of prosperity, people did not talk the talk, they walked the walk.  Whole communities would rise and block the imports of foreign goods that threatened their quality of life.  Its amazing how fast a people with a history of pride can turn into cowards. 

I dont care what anyone's opinion is on whether you should be a natural born citizen in order to be a president of this country.  What should matter is what the law says and if it says you need to be than you need to be.  The fact that obama can be president without providing proof of it blows my mind.

I dont know where the saying comes from but I love the saying "what makes a man a man is how much he can take and keep moving forward"  Our country does not move forward any longer. 

I dont have the answer to solve the problem.  I dont think the situation can be solved.  I honestly think our country has no hope left.  The kind of people needed to fix it dont exist.  You see if the people who are filthy rich in this country actually cared about you, your families, our history, our future, etc. they could do something about it.  What could they do?  For one they could provide honest media, back honest politicians, back honest legislation, an on and on but those kinds of wealthy people dont exist any more.  Im sorry if I irritate any of you but I dont believe there is any hope for this country.  All that is ahead is a long steady decline in the quality of living until our nation becomes a country that was ONCE great.

If there was one billionaire in this country who really cared about this nations future it could be fixed.  If they would put our nations future ahead of their own, they could fund the truth and create a tv channel thats sole purpose was truth, 24 hours a day.  In a matter ten years, serious improvement could be made, in twenty years this country could rise to be the greatest country ever to have existed.

Do you realize how ridiculous it is that we are suffering as a nation.  We literally have just about all the natural resources we need for everything we consume.  There should not be poverty for those who are not lazy, and are not disabled.  Nobody should struggle to provide; a home for their family, transportation, food, health care, ........................

There is enough for all of us,  unfortunately it only takes on bad apple to spoil..........

Im sorry, it all just drives me nuts

One more thing that gets under my skin.  The fact that people (politicians, corporations, etc.)  study psychology to find the best way to manipulate peoples emotions to minimize our outrage or to simply blind people to what they are doing etc.  I could literally choke the life out of the guy who is in charge of policy, wages, etc. at my place of employment.  Most people there are to weak minded to see what he does and how he does it.  I could literally beat the tar out of this guy for how he does what he does and I could just slap the employees with an open hand to knock the ignorance out of their brains to this tactics

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 03:36:58 AM »

I dont believe all these figure, they are not all correct, and I dont belive everything said about who is responsible ect.  However, this video does give you a feel for what is going on and how desperate our financial situation is.  I want to remind you that our country did not need income tax deducted from our pay before the federal reserve act and the federal reserve was created.  The IRS and income tax was created to make sure the banks got there free money.  Anyway here is the video.  I encourage you all to educate yourself on the truth about the federal reserve system and what it truly is.  I also want you all to know, President Kennedy attempted to rid our country of the federal reserve system.  Shortly after he was assassinated.

http://w3.newsmax.com/a/money_mischief/video2.cfm?promo_code=D7B9-1
or read it
http://w3.newsmax.com/fir/money_mischief/?promo_code=D7B9-1

http://www.rense.com/general44/exec.htm

http://www.themoneymasters.com/
you can also search money masters on you tube.  there are over 20 videos that expalin how corrupt the federal reserve system may be
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:51:35 AM by bee-nuts » Logged

Thomas Jefferson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 10:44:07 AM »

Obama is way too green to promote chopping down MORE trees when he’s trying to fight global warming.  It just doesn’t add up. 

you must be a city boy  smiley

they are grown to be chopped down.  for those few years that they grow, the do more CO2 scrubbing that old trees.  then they are REPLANTED and the cycle begins again.  they are a crop.  saying you need to let Christmas trees grow eternally is like laying you need to let broccoli go to seed.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next