Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 23, 2014, 11:24:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Honey Wheat Bread Recipe  (Read 1430 times)
BrookeKilby
« on: October 29, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »

Hello,

I wanted to share my family's favorite honey wheat bread recipe.  I hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients
    2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
    2 cups whole wheat flour
    1 tablespoon active dry yeast
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup honey
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    5 cups all-purpose flour

1.  Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey, and stir well. Mix in whole wheat flour, salt, and vegetable oil. Work all-purpose flour in gradually. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for at least 10 to 15 minutes. When dough is smooth and elastic, place it in a well oiled bowl. Turn it several times in the bowl to coat the surface of the dough, and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.

2. Punch down the dough. Shape into two loaves, and place into two well greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise until dough is 1 to 1 1/2 inches above pans.

3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.

Smiley
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 02:59:10 PM »

ever make it in a bread machine?  i like lazy baking  Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 03:11:50 PM »

I may chain my wife or mother to the stove until one of them makes some of this. Sounds delicious!

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »

i just made your bread.  very good and very easy to make!  only thing i changed was to use olive oil instead of vegetable oil.  this means double time at the gym sad ....but worth it!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next