I got this clever smart trick from my local pizzeria/restaurant who serves up left-over reheated Sicilian slices (plain) as their signature bread-sticks and they are awesome. This is great in many ways for us, it is just the two of us and a whole Sicilian is a lot of pizza and reheating whole slices often loses the texture of fresh baked pie and often gets over cooked on the outside and gummy or cold in the middle.See the photo which is self explanatory, but I let the left-over pie get cold (easier and cleaner to cut that way. Cut each slice in four equal sized pieces and spread apart so the heat from the oven comes in contact with all the surface areas. I preheat the oven to 400f and it takes about 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and the whole bread is crunch to your liking.
I thought this out and here are a few good ideas:
* If you are having a party, you can order a pie(s) with half toppings and refrigerate ahead of time.
* Get plain pies and add your own toppings - even let you family or company toss their own topping on from a choice in bowls you put out.
* Mixing and matching is great and believe me, for some reason, these fingers are more filling that whole slices - I like to cut them in fours.
* A big plus is EVERYONE can get some crust!!
* Not only great for left-overs, but a hit that will amaze your friends when they get to make this crunchy, yet airy treat. And since you are eating fat finger sized pieces, you'll find less tossed, cause Sicilian can make your stomach fuller than your eyes think it will. Enjoy this and don't be afraid that you'll be buying pies that aren't served fresh from the pizza place, the texture and versatility of this makes it a perfect hit for a football game, a movie or any casual gathering and it will be the talk of the party or meal.