Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 01:39:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Americans  (Read 1628 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: April 22, 2013, 03:45:19 PM »

I just started watching this, and I think it is a well done show. It follows a man and woman from Russia in 1982 who are in the US as spies. They live as a couple with two kids and they are well planted in the burbs outside of DC, living the American dream; nice home, family, jobs - meanwhile they both hold a hatred for American, although they have been her for nearly 2 decades.

The husband has a bit of a soft spot for the US, but the wife is a die-hard commie. As the show starts, they are tasked to plant a bug in Casper Weinburger's home office and we see the lengths they are willing to go to do well for their motherland.

There is also a neighbor who is FBI and just came out of DEEP COVER in some sort of sting operation, he is now tracking down a missing spy that has fallen in the hands of his all American like family next door.

It stars the girl who played Felicity way back when, I never cared for her much until this part - she plays the spy part well.

I see there are several episodes, we have seen 2 and will be watching more - I know that this is something that should be right up KathyP's alley and many others here. I think this show has promise and seeing life during the Reagan Administration gives me some insight to the politics I missed as a much younger man.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 04:07:04 PM »

i watched the 1st couple and then have recorded the rest.  have not had time to watch them yet.  it did seem like my kind of show  Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bwdenen
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 05:32:09 PM »

Great show.  Haven't missed an episode.  A bit too much gratuitous sex for my tastes.  Maybe they'll tone it down after folks start watching, like they with Justified and some others.
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 08:35:21 PM »

I love this show also.. Also have not missed an episode.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next