Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 25, 2014, 10:37:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Elections  (Read 432 times)
hankdog1
Field Bee

« on: October 13, 2011, 02:14:22 PM »

Seems like if you don't have someone running for congress or president people don't get out to vote when local elections are being held.  I wonder how many of you guys have actually got fired up and excited about them?  Heck I'm really worried more about what's going on in my back yard then in Washington.  Talked to a candidate for local office a few days back and was really impressed at his desire to actually try to get some change done in our county.  We have had no real economic growth in ages.  Walmart is our 3rd biggest employer with 2 stores which makes them our biggest private employer.  That should not be something we are proud of for sure.  Hope you guys and gals feel the same way this year and get out and vote.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 06:39:09 AM »

I live in a low-population, rural county and local elections are the biggest reason to vote. Rarely is there a candidate that I haven't met personally. Many of them are neighbors, folks from church, 4-H parents, etc.  We've got some local pols who are so well liked they run un-opposed year-after-year, while other races are as nasty and partisan as anything on the national scene.
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 01:03:06 PM »

Local stuff does get down right dirty.  I remember my grandfather running for school board back in the 90's.  He ended up coming in last largely because he wasn't willing to spend more money then he would have made to get the position.  Yet in the end the lady in second place couldn't take the loss and was slinging mud at everyone.  Ended up having my grandpa accused of putting signatures of dead voters on his petition to get on the ballot.  That's just school board this year we have a sheriffs race and there is talk going around about the Democrat candidates wife running a nursing home like a nazi camp.  Lol gotta love that stuff.  I live in a rural area but we still don't get the turnouts we do for national elections. 

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next